• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16 Jmotuzick OFFLINE  

Jmotuzick
  • Member No: 54567
  • 33 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 08:49 PM

every forum is different to get everyone out there gota get away from the cut/paste.... I get your response though...

#17 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Well with less then 2 months to go I guess I better get my butt in gear.

Here is the scoop for the 11th annual  Pa Plow Day 2016:

1820 River rd.

Watsontown, Pa 17777

follow large white and black signs from 15 and 405

First off we will not be sending our news letter out this year simply due to same old details and mostly cost. However if you would like to order a calendar please email me at paplowday@msn.com.

As you know the dates are Friday April 15th and Saturday the 16th. Plowing will start at 2 on Friday and go until dinner time and resume at dark like last year (must have lights on front of tractor to plow at dark). Saturday plowing will start at 9-930 and go until your hearts are all plowed out. Before plowing at 2, dark and Saturday morning there will be a mandatory plowers meeting held by the registration shack.

We will have the same general setup as last year by the road with parking on the right and our show grounds to the left. Campers are welcome with no hook ups. we are going to try and locate campers and anyone sleeping over at the grounds on the left with the show grounds this year leaving just trucks and trailers on the right.  Camp fires are also allowed with in reason, no bon fires. There is plenty of room to bring show tractors and parts to sell,

You must register to plow anyone one under 16 must have a parent or guardian co sign. There is a $5 fee to plow and this simply just covers the insurance cost for the weekend. Upon registering you will be given a wrist ban which must be visible when going out to plow. If you plan to plow whether or not you even bring a tractor you must register and must have a wrist ban to sit on a tractor, anyone's tractor, and put that plow in the ground. We will be enforcing this person by person. If you fail to register and are caught you will be made to go register. If you refuse....well just don't. You need to only register once for both days. If for some reason you take your wrist ban off over night. Please bring it to the registration shack and we will give you a new one at no cost.

This year will be the best plowing in the 11 year history of pa plow day of coarse weather permitting. It is all soybean stubble or a cover crop, very few small fields are corn stubble. The corn fields will be chopped and available to plow tho. We will also be splitting up the "bigger plows" and "smaller plows" like the past 2 years.

There will be no new shirts for this year however we do still have some of the older ones that will be marked down to make way for new ones next year. As I stated above anyone wanting a calendar please email me.

Food and drinks will be available both days at very reasonable prices. Starting for lunch Friday going until plowing is over and then starting back up for a breakfast platter at 8 am Saturday. Eggs, sausage and pancakes for $5!

Event will go on rain or shine, plowing is based on the weather however. These fields Drain and dry very nicely and quick.

Last year it rained Thursday night into Friday morning but we still were able to plow like scheduled Friday.

well i'm sure I missed something so just ask if you have any questions. thanks

See you all in April

Josh

• DH1, IHCubGuy, twostacks and 3 others have said thanks

#18 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 08:29 PM

1 month to go guys.  Who has started getting their tractors ready?  Mine are still at the farm behind big tractors in the shed finishing their winter slumber.

• MH81 and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#19 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 06:24 PM

I thought about it. Must get going in next weeks. It'll be here before you know it.

#20 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 09:51 PM

I'm planning on coming from NC with Vince_O from SC. Still trying to talk our buddy Todd from GA to come too! Looks like Gator from GA with his Case tractors will be coming as well!!
  • IHCubGuy, Cublover and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#21 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 05:40 PM

Have'nt thought about it. Better get on the ball.

• IHCubGuy said thank you

#22 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 12:01 PM

Google map hope it stays dry looks like those fields could muck up pretty quickly with it being right next to the Susquehanna river.

https://www.google.c...d472057e5f8f7c4

• Alc said thank you

#23 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 01:20 PM

Eric, I've heard from multiple folks that the fields dry out super quick. They had rain on Friday morning, and plowed all day Saturday.
  • EricFromPa said thank you

#24 olds45512 ONLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 04:49 PM

Yea I was there last year on Saturday and it was dry as a bone and dusty, it was hard to believe it rain the day before.

#25 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 04:21 PM

A little over a week to go fella's.  Is everyone ready yet?  I am betting not.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 08:33 PM

Tractor is all ready!  Check the trailer out and load all the tractors this weekend. 

IMG_2001.jpg

Not the best picture but It's ready!

• limebuzz, Alc and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#27 olds45512 ONLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:17 AM

My entire day tomorrow will be spent getting both cubs ready, I need to change oil and give them both a going over and I will be all set. The forecast is calling for 65° and sunny.
  • limebuzz, IHCubGuy and Cublover have said thanks

#28 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 03:03 PM

I'm almost ready.  Few more things to check over and then let plowing season begin!

• IHCubGuy said thank you

#29 Jake OFFLINE  

Jake

• Member No: 1241
  • 194 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:30 AM

One week from plowing lam 90 miles north in Tioga PA and at 11:30 am 3" of snow and still coming down. What plow should I bring LOL See you all in a week.
  • IHCubGuy and Cublover have said thanks

#30 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:37 AM

Anyone coming from near the BUFFALO NY area? I've got a dump cart I need hauled down. Thanks