#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:35 PM

Have new puter, W10.  I have bookmarks saved in E favorites.  I now have Firefox I use to get here and not have any issues like I was having on W10 at first. BUT....the bookmarks from one server must not transfer to other?? I do have a few saved to favorites files, this one and 2 others, yet that is all that is there. Why aren't the E ones opened as they are on same puter?  I see about making Firefox the standard server, yet don't want to change to Yes, unless it takes my favorites from puter into it also. I see also transfering favorites between them, but when I click on it, I'm lost as usual on what to do. Will it be saved the same then on both servers?  I was looking at ebay today too and had to redo that whole thing to get on, but finally got my password changed and back on, but this was with the E server and not on firefox.  I kept getting "can't find the page" type messages, even that part way down when looking at an item that did come up at top of page. This another W10 problem?  I shut down puter and re-started and seemed to be OK on ebay again as usual. Then went in on searching with firefox and getting goofy messages again and harder to search and have it go to the items I want to see.  ON old puter it just remembered all this stuff and I never had to deal with signing in each time and such for many years. I had to make another password, seems my old one that I remembered wasn't it.  Driving me crazy that new puter is making it hard to get to place that was automatic for me in past.  Biggest issue is my favorites not being same between the servers now and want to make them the same. I wish to keep both servers to use as I wish. I have both in toolbar below and they go to each just fine and I think I got how to use that or those there. I'm also having trouble finding the way on wanted the new saves listed in my favorites. Can't see the link on W10, or missing it somehow. All my favorites are just saved now in one list as I save, new one goes to bottom of that list.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 05:09 AM

Try this, GL!

• HANKG said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 09:47 AM

gl I have the similar situation with W7 and FF.  Saves the bookmarks where it wants to and not where I want it to go.  And this is technology advancement?

Bah Humbug !

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 10:07 AM

gl I have the similar situation with W7 and FF.  Saves the bookmarks where it wants to and not where I want it to go.  And this is technology advancement?

Bah Humbug !

This new version of FF does not ask you where to save the bookmarks. You have to open the bookmarks and sort them from there. I'm not liking that either.

#5 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 06:45 PM

I have 43.0.4 and if you have your bookmark toolbar displayed you can left click and hold on the page icon in the address bar and drag it to a folder in the bookmark toolbar.

#6 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,295 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 07:59 PM

Just save your favorites to a HTML file on a zip drive and install them in every machine you want to use them..  KISS!!

Kenny's link show how to do it and it's pretty much the same on any other browser..  

Good Luck!   :thumbs:

• KennyP said thank you