6 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:31 PM

On the oil dip stick there is the rubber seal that goes down into the block opening.  On mine that rubber seal slides freely up and down the rod between the two bends.  I can secure it on the rod but I need to know where it is supposed to be positioned at.  The oil was drained and left to drain overnight.  Then  I put in the 4+ qt that it calls for.  Would it be safe to keep inserting the check rod more and more till it reads a full crankcase?

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:43 PM

If you have changed the oil and filter and refilled it with the proper amount of oil and ran it and let it set I would think you should be able to set your dip stick height. The only other option is to measure one from an engine like yours. Those engines are used in many applications and there is no guarantee that they all use the same oil pan or dip stick.. 

• chieffan and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#3 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:48 PM

I did a google search for "kubota d750a oil capacity". I got a link to the specs on the Kubota B7100 HST on Tractordata.com. It states the oil capacity as 3.3qts. It also list coolant capacity and has specs on the transmission and other info that may be useful for you.

Jim

• chieffan said thank you

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 08:01 PM

Tractordata.com.

That's funny I just did the same thing a couple hours ago to check the oil capacity for our Ford 850.  :D

• chieffan and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 08:38 PM

I did a google search for "kubota d750a oil capacity". I got a link to the specs on the Kubota B7100 HST on Tractordata.com. It states the oil capacity as 3.3qts. It also list coolant capacity and has specs on the transmission and other info that may be useful for you.

Jim

I think that is 3.3 Liters.  That was a typo on my original post.  Put in 3+ or about 3.5 qts.  That was without a filter change but engine had not run for over 2 years. 

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#6 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:40 PM

You can look it up to confirm, but I am pretty sure that is was 3.3qt then in brackets 3.1l. That may be not including the filter capacity though, 

Jim

• chieffan said thank you

#7 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 02:59 PM

You could be right.  I am going by what the manual says.  anyway I got the dip stick fixed.  Drained the oil all out, then put the short 3.5  Qt back in again.  Adjusted the rubber plug on the dip stick till I got it to the full mark.  Cut a piece of semi hard plastic tubing that would just fit between the end and the rubber plug.  Split it and super glued it in place, after a good wipe down with alcohol of course.  Set up good and solid now.  Should be good for  long time as long as somebody don't try to push it out the bottom of the oil pan.