Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Info for sears dozer blade (917.99550) | (Solved)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 01:29 PM

Would it be ok If I was to build a support frame out of 2x4 for the time being? I can easily drill out holes for large bolts.

I think it should be ok. Just make sure that it is tight with NO movement front to rear. Go from the bottom of the plow mount to the rear of the tractor. Again, the front to rear twisting of the front axle needs to be eliminated. Measure twice and cut once.

• wbakunis said thank you

#17 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Removed the plow from the ST/10 and snapped a few pictures of the long support bars. Figured I would add them to this post for future reference.

My bars are of the later 2 piece design, but could easily be fabricated as one piece. Bar is 1" outside diameter, 49 3/4" overall length, holes are 5/8", and end stub is also 5/8". I use the last set of holes on my setup. For the bars, 3/4" electrical conduit or 3/4" pipe should be strong enough. Cut off 5/8" bolt with washer and weld to the front. Watch out for welding galvanized, don't breath the fumes. Drill hole for pin. 

IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1919.JPG

At the front end, there is a bow of ~1/4".

IMG_1929.JPG

Hope this helps,

Brian

• limebuzz, MH81 and wbakunis have said thanks

#18 markus OFFLINE  

markus
  • Member No: 69531
  • 12 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 02:10 PM

I have the original owners manual for this grader blade and it's fairly in depth . I also still have the blade and all the attachments and I'm in the process , probably this fall , of fabricating a plate that will attach to my JD e series tractor ( front weight bracket ) and also the brackets to attach the long stabilizing arms to the rear of the tractor .
If your interested in a copy of this manual you can PM me and we'll work out the details .

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 04:23 PM

I have the original owners manual for this grader blade and it's fairly in depth . I also still have the blade and all the attachments and I'm in the process , probably this fall , of fabricating a plate that will attach to my JD e series tractor ( front weight bracket ) and also the brackets to attach the long stabilizing arms to the rear of the tractor .
If your interested in a copy of this manual you can PM me and we'll work out the details .

If you can upload it here, folks would be grateful!

#20 wbakunis OFFLINE  

wbakunis
  • Member No: 75555
  • 145 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 05:22 PM

I do really appreciate the thought. I would rather like to see the manual get copied into a PDF format and uploaded onto here like what @KennyP said.

#21 markus OFFLINE  

markus
  • Member No: 69531
  • 12 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 02:50 PM

I wish I could upload or download or PDF a format , but I don't know how to , any help provided and I may give it a whirl , I need to be more knowledgeable about this stuff , I only learned how to send e-mails a year or so ago so I'm pretty far behind the loop . I can fix stuff though so I ain't completely dumb . I would be glad to send this stuff if I knew how . I have complete manuals on the plow , disc , cultivator and grader blade as well as the 74 Sears Suburban tractor .

• limebuzz and KennyP have said thanks

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 04:59 PM

I wish I could upload or download or PDF a format , but I don't know how to , any help provided and I may give it a whirl , I need to be more knowledgeable about this stuff , I only learned how to send e-mails a year or so ago so I'm pretty far behind the loop . I can fix stuff though so I ain't completely dumb . I would be glad to send this stuff if I knew how . I have complete manuals on the plow , disc , cultivator and grader blade as well as the 74 Sears Suburban tractor .

You'll need to scan the manuals in to puter language first. That can be intimidating to start with. There is a business that does that, but the name eludes me right now!

#23 mcrile OFFLINE  

mcrile
  • Member No: 62535
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 01, 2016 - 09:02 PM

I have the engine pulley for that snowthrower. Let me know if you are interested.

#24 wbakunis OFFLINE  

wbakunis
  • 145 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted September 01, 2016 - 10:36 PM

I have the engine pulley for that snowthrower. Let me know if you are interested.

Really? If so, that is incredible. How much you asking for it?

• mcrile said thank you

#25 mcrile OFFLINE  

mcrile
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 08:47 AM

http://searstractormanuals.comI have a snow/dozer blade like yours. The angle control lever should attach to rod at bottom of frame and stand up straight. Used rope in hole at top to operate. Also had rope attached to top outside corners of blade to move. This is an early version. Mine is yellow and has 131 prefix. Roper used more than one prefix. 

#26 mcrile OFFLINE  

mcrile
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 08, 2016 - 11:03 PM

price for pulley is freight. 

#27 wbakunis OFFLINE  

wbakunis
  • 145 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted September 09, 2016 - 04:47 PM

price for pulley is freight. 

Really? This is too good to be true. I'm going to be shooting myself in the foot for this but do you realize how much these pulleys are worth? They go upwards of $100-$150. I would rather pay full price and not be a jerk haha. I cant afford to do that at the moment. Price of freight is no more than $50 if you pack it right. The last time I payed cheapily for shipping body panels, they didn't arrive in great shape.  :D

Edited by wbakunis, September 09, 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#28 mcrile OFFLINE  

mcrile
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 10, 2016 - 10:16 PM

I know what they cost. Rather see it used than scrap. Had two at one time, came in a box of spares.