skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 12:25 PM

Ok, that will work too, mine has a small line from the top of the pump body to the little overflow lines at the injectors, so I put a see through line there, but you can do the same at the other end.
Speaking of electric fuel pumps!!!! I will never run a kubota diesel with out one, I just 10 minutes ago ran mine out of fuel in the driveway snow blowing total slop!! It stalled... Tried to start.. Not a hint... DOH!! Put fuel in, all the while I leaves the key on knowing the electric pump will circulate the air out, finished the jug of fuel, and hit key, it started instantly!!
Put an electric pump on yours before you even attempt to start it!! It will be money well spent.
  • olcowhand, chieffan and CharlesDes have said thanks

#32 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 02:53 PM

Will put the pump on as soon as it gets here from Florida.  Have room between the tank and the filter.  How can the aux. pump move fuel past the injector pump when the engine is not running? ?

#33 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 05:49 PM

How can the aux. pump move fuel past the injector pump when the engine is not running?

Good question. I'm guessing the return line on your injection pump is located on the low pressure side of the pump. 

• chieffan said thank you

#34 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 08:44 PM

They use fuel as lube and cooling so it will flood the pump and the excess will go up and around the injectors then off to the tank. When all this is correct, it will fire right up even if you don't bleed the injectors, as it will be full of fuel in the pump and at the injectors, only needs to get the little bit of air in the hard lines out and that comes right out when the pump is full. It does not need to pump fuel through the hp injector lines until its ready to start and run.

#35 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 08:44 AM

The auxiliary pump will pump the fuel through the filter, then regular fuel pump and the injector pump to the injector by pass and back to the tank?  Sounds like a lot of pushing for a 3-5 psi pump but will give it a try.

If the aux. pump does not have to pump fuel through the high pressure injector lines, does the air bleed have to be open to get rid of the air?  If not, where does the air go?

I think you are talking about a different set up than what is on the Kubota.  There is one fuel line going into the injector pump from the fuel pump.  3 lines out of the injector pump to the injectors.  A by-pass block on each injector that is one piece for all three injectors.  Then one rubber line from the bypass back to the top of the fuel tank.

First you say the "it" meaning the aux. pump will flood the pump (Injector pump) and the excess will go up and around the injectors then off to the tank.  Then your last line states It ( meaning the aux pump) does not need to pump fuel through the hp injector lines until its ready to start and run.

The only way fuel can get to the injectors is through the hp lines from the injector pump.  Now which way is it ?

Edited by chieffan, January 21, 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#36 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • Member No: 9791
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 09:55 AM

This article might help and they have a forum with some very experienced techs as well.

http://www.orangetra...injector-lines/

• Alc, Cvans and chieffan have said thanks

#37 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 06:01 PM

Good question. I'm guessing the return line on your injection pump is located on the low pressure side of the pump. 

The only return line on this one is from the injectors.  Nothing from the injector pump.

• Alc and Cvans have said thanks

#38 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 06:06 PM

This article might help and they have a forum with some very experienced techs as well.

http://www.orangetra...injector-lines/

I have been on that site several times and have read that a couple times. A very good presentation.  I have read some other presentation on bleeding diesel systems a different types.  None of them ever mentioned anything about adding an extra fuel pump in the fuel line.

#39 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Something I'm missing , I thought you said you have a good stream while you have the fuel line nuts loose at the injectors ?

#40 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 21, 2016 - 10:19 PM

That is correct Alc. When bleeding there was good fuel at all the lines at the injectors with no air bubbles that I saw.

#41 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 05:09 AM

I have looked at all the kubota engines from the little z482 up to the larger 1105 and they all had small feed line from either the main inlet from the mechanical fuel pump and the injector pump body to the injector base bypass lines. These are low pressure returns to tank, they serve many functions and must be plumbed correctly. They serve to keep the pump and injectors cooled and lived as well as return warmed fuel back to the tank. If you can hear fuel returning into the tank, it should start, as long as the glow plugs are working and it has enough compression.
These little engines are very sensitive to cold and compression, they need to crank very fast to build compression to start, no glow plugs.... It isn't gonna start below 40°.
You should be getting Gibbs of smoke when cranking? Are you? It should be grayish black, not white!!! If white you are not getting enough fuel to start, check the shut off control on the pump to make sure it is in the proper location for starting and running.
  • Alc and chieffan have said thanks

#42 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:16 AM

I have been on that site several times and have read that a couple times. A very good presentation.  I have read some other presentation on bleeding diesel systems a different types.  None of them ever mentioned anything about adding an extra fuel pump in the fuel line.

I've got a BX2200 at home that has an electric lift pump between the tank and the first fuel filter. Factory standard part in 2004 for that tractor. The fleet of equipment I manage has around 50 to 60 of these little Kubota 3 and 4 cylinder engines and every one of them have the electric lift pump.

I think I read in another one of your threads that this tractor is maybe a 1979 or a little newer? It might not have been built with one back that far. I'll poke around and see what I can find for service info for your 750.

• Alc and chieffan have said thanks

#43 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:41 AM

Just looked at the parts manual for this tractor. It does have a mechanical fuel/lift pump. Sounds like you're getting enough fuel to the injectors as you described flow at the injector lines.

Were you able to check compression?

#44 bh115577 OFFLINE  

bh115577
  • 434 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:00 AM

Just saw your post on OTT. North Idaho Wolfman is either a very experienced Kubota tech or he owns a dealership. He has most of this info comitted to memory.

#45 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:14 AM

Just saw your post on OTT. North Idaho Wolfman is either a very experienced Kubota tech or he owns a dealership. He has most of this info comitted to memory.

I learned along time ago when I started in law enforcement.  Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see until it is validated.  I still live by that theory along with every other LE officer in the country.

• Gtractor and bh115577 have said thanks