• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 worm5932 OFFLINE  

worm5932
  • Member No: 79828
  • 6 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 08:12 PM

thanks for the pictures.  I still cant get mine going, starter solenoid isn't passing voltage.  probably should do points too.  where are you guys getting parts?

#17 PGHsteelworker ONLINE  

PGHsteelworker
  • Member No: 50166
  • 88 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 10:22 AM

I buy most of my parts from a local small engine repair shop. These are all B/S branded parts and they are not cheap but at least I know they should be high quality. At least I hope I'm getting high quality. 

2014-04-25_09-35-51_17.jpg

#18 KiltedKurmudgeon OFFLINE  

KiltedKurmudgeon
  • Member No: 79454
  • 13 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 03:57 PM

thanks for the pictures.  I still cant get mine going, starter solenoid isn't passing voltage.  probably should do points too.  where are you guys getting parts?

I got my governor parts from Jack's Small Engines. They were the only place that had everything I needed listed.

When I got this tractor it had the cable attached to the governor arm by one spring that was way too big. It looked like the throttle return spring on my truck. I had to get everything except the governor arm itself and everything was B&S. I didn't order bolts and nuts from there, though. $3 for a nylock nut is, well, just nuts when they're less than a quarter at the hardware store and there's nothing really unique about them. I also stocked up on gaskets since the shipping stayed the same. I had to wait for a couple of parts to come in so it took a little less than two weeks.

#19 Reed Breneman ONLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 09:48 PM

I to have one of these little beasts and love the thing,I am restoring mine (look at my posts if you like,lots of pics),as for the variable speed pulley ,mine luckily works fine and I lubed the crap out of it while I am restoring mine ,I did see a vidieo on you tube that shows how to make one cheap and it didnt look to hard,It might be worth checking out

• KiltedKurmudgeon said thank you