#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 10:42 PM

and tomorrow and Monday. Supposed to get somewhere between 5 and 12" during this time. Rained all last night and most of today with 35+* last night and today. Had to take the plow truck down to a elderly neighbors to clear the drive of the slushy base we had down from the last storm. Got the Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief Hydro back together and the blower fixed and ready to go. Oh well as they say it's Michigan ...... if ya don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes it will change. Have a good and safe weekend everyone.

Roger

• MH81, Alc, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 11:12 PM

and tomorrow and Monday. Supposed to get somewhere between 5 and 12" during this time. Rained all last night and most of today with 35+* last night and today. Had to take the plow truck down to a elderly neighbors to clear the drive of the slushy base we had down from the last storm. Got the Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief Hydro back together and the blower fixed and ready to go. Oh well as they say it's Michigan ...... if ya don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes it will change. Have a good and safe weekend everyone.

Roger

Spot on!

Down here in the lower peninsula were gonna get 5+ inches of snow. Went from rain to sleet to snow.

Its gonna get real dangerous when it freezes...

• Alc, hamman and Marty'70 have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 11:32 PM

Be careful and have fun
  • hamman said thank you

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 12:10 AM

Wait until the cold behind it hits. Currently -8.

We got 4" of snow yesterday when it was 33 degrees, I waited until this morning when it was 3 degrees to clean out. A nice 15 mph wind to go with that cold made for some optimum blowing conditions.

Roger, if you don't have a Saint Bernard, it's best to just carry the flask in the coat with you.
  • hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,633 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 01:46 AM

Ya'll know Ray is laughing at ya.  :poke:

• MH81, hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#6 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 07:53 AM

You keep it please

Noel
  • hamman said thank you

#7 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 08:03 AM

No snow. No rain.  Just   C O L D  at -4 with a 5 mph wind.  Talking -20 wind chill over cold bare ground later today.   Spent 3 hours yesterday moving tractors around to get a Kubota B7100 in the shop an start on it.  Cracked block some place internal.  But not in this cold.  When it get up to 30° again will try it.  Kerosene for my heater is $4.75 a gallon and diesel is $2.09 so switched to diesel.  To many fumes from that so don't run it a lot.  Back the heater up to a storm door and open the window about 3" to draw fresh air in. 

• Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#8 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,065 Thanks
  • 788 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 09:06 AM

Rain on ice here in new england

• hamman said thank you

#9 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 10:05 AM

Ya'll know Ray is laughing at ya.  :poke:

Ya know, he just might be the smart one !    We really haven't had it so bad this winter. Getting ready to go out and see if it's done or wait until we get some more. Looks like we got about 4 - 5 inches. Still snowing a little though. Supposed to get high winds and lake affect snow through Monday. Will have to wait and see how the weather guessers actually did with their prediction.                                                                                                                                              Roger

• Gtractor and propane1 have said thanks

#10 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 10:33 AM

Woke to 3" of snow this morning...On top of all the rain from the past couple of days.

Very slick & dangerous around town this morning, but it dosen't bother me!

Truck doors froze shut and 14*F while I am trying to get the doors open!

I needed into the truck so I could get my gloves!!!

• Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#11 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 11:41 AM

Kinda light blowing stuff, not much on ground here on Sunday noon.  Pretty windy tho, and colder, not sure temp at moment. Looking at radar Map it shows most gone by, maybe Lake Effect in NWest,  but most is up in Michigan looks like.  Think it was just winter moving in and we are more normal for this time of year now. Won't be getting the rigs out here at least.

• hamman said thank you

#12 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,898 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 12:58 PM

they said 4-7" for us south of Chicago and less further north thru Chicago and maybe an inch or 2 by WI state line, we wound up with not enough to cover the grass, it's still popping thru, glad they were wrong about the amount of snow.  but they sure could have been wrong about the C-C-COLD that would follow that "storm"....

switched things around within the garage so the snow blowers (2) are behind everything else in the garage right by the doors last night so I was "ready".... I'm glad that I have not yet needed so much as a shovel or even a broom for snow removal so far this season.

• hamman said thank you

#13 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 670 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 02:10 PM

Roger

Funny the " if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes" sounds very familiar
  • hamman and dodge trucker have said thanks

#14 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 04:10 PM

Well, the Jacobsen did well. It blew the new snow just fine. The slush that remained from the last snow and two days of rain it didn't do so well. Being a single stage blower it clogged and had to stop and clear it d]several times. Then the temperature dropped and when the slush got to the chute it started to freeze in it and clogged again. Got nearly all done and it froze right up. In 4 years this is the first time it did so. I put it in the heated garage and it is nearly clear now. Still snowing and blowing. This snow will be easy to blow out because it is fluffy and light. Think I will wait until tomorrow though until it stops snowing. Time to go to the wood shop and work on a couple of projects so I can get them done. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.                                                                                     Roger

• KennyP and propane1 have said thanks

#15 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 05:00 PM

Snow coming down here now and it's sticking, not sure how much we'll get ???

• hamman said thank you