Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Brand new don't know anything need some help.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 06:58 AM

As always, price is dependant on condition. The 1886 with loader, backhoe, and bad trany is a good price if it is in otherwise good condition. Most times a front loader by itself is over $1000. What chores are you planning to use it for? How much mechanical ability do you have? You need to rationally decide the answers to these and other related questions such as budget, room, the boss' tolerance to more projects and such.

If that was near me, I would definitely look at it. If it was in good condition and everything but the tranny worked, I would grab it fast. The attachments are worth alot more than the $1300. You can look at it and take pics just to learn more. Post the pics on here and ask more questions. Chances are, it will go fast. Good Luck. Rick
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#17 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 10:02 AM

If its the correct backhoe and loader and not a complete hacked up  you better grab it fast,I can fix you up with a tranny,as boyscout862 said a decent loader will do a $1000.00 on averge,the backhoes have been doing $1500.00-$2100.00,the 1886 is a pretty nice tractor,,on average  a good deck that would bolt right up to your HT-20 will probably run you $200.00 or so,if your takes the locking u-joint that goes on the pto make sure its with it,those sell for $75.00 and up( used) most of the time,hope you can find one close by the cost of shipping one will be a killer

• boyscout862 said thank you

#18 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 11:43 AM

Oh I wanna throw out numbers to.  

I payed $2000 for a HT20 with loader, backhoe, deck, 3 point, cultivator, two row disk, and a spare set of tires and rims. The guy I got it from was asking $3,500 for it. I have never payed over $600 for any other large frame I own. 

When you go buy it tell the guy hey it don't move there no way for you to see how much else needs to fixed on it. Then you can knock his price down a lot more. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 04:04 PM

Holy moly thanks guys, i will get a pic on tomorrow. The tractor was left on the property i bought so it was a great price, but sounds like im blowin money on the wrong stuff already.don't tell my

There is a guy selling a 1886 with deck backhoe front loader and tiller bad tranny, for 1300$ is that worth it? How much should i pay for a decent deck that bolts( pins ? ) right up?

Your talking about this one right?   Dont look like it has a backhoe to me.......   FYI a friend of mine owns that tractor. 

http://portland.crai...5390172042.html

#20 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Your green deck fits under this tractor...

http://seattle.craig...5387248198.html

#21 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted January 11, 2016 - 11:54 PM

Oh I wanna throw out numbers to.

I payed $2000 for a HT20 with loader, backhoe, deck, 3 point, cultivator, two row disk, and a spare set of tires and rims. The guy I got it from was asking $3,500 for it. I have never payed over $600 for any other large frame I own.

When you go buy it tell the guy hey it don't move there no way for you to see how much else needs to fixed on it. Then you can knock his price down a lot more.

Sometimes we do get lucky and find a good deal as you did,congrats on that,but the reality of it is the prices myself ,boyscout862 and others have posted on here are pretty much the going rates,been into these tractors for almost 20 years buying and selling used and new parts and tractors,got a pretty good feel for this,there's a big difference in buying cheap stuff that just sits than in buying stuff to fix up and use (IMO)

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, January 11, 2016 - 11:54 PM.

• boyscout862, ClassicBolens and Paulgo have said thanks

#22 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 07:35 AM

Sometimes we do get lucky and find a good deal as you did,congrats on that,but the reality of it is the prices myself ,boyscout862 and others have posted on here are pretty much the going rates,been into these tractors for almost 20 years buying and selling used and new parts and tractors,got a pretty good feel for this,there's a big difference in buying cheap stuff that just sits than in buying stuff to fix up and use (IMO)

Sounds like a great deal!  Price is also dependent on area also. Large frames in my area, and even  decent Bolens tube frames are getting harder and harder to come by. Large frames generally don't show up on CL where I live, and when they do they command good money. I have been "lucky" a few times. But that luck and "great deal" I thought I got quickly turned into a lot more work than I expected. If you have time to wait it out, and watch CL like a hawk, you may come across a Wilberj deal someday. But coming from a guy that just spent months searching for a large frame in nice shape, and that was ready to work in ny, pa, and ohio, I have to agree with  blackjackjakexxix. If its not all hacked up, that 1886 is a great deal.  Nothing againts wilberj, but I hear the deals you get on a regular basis, and wish I could find deals like that, but they are pretty much non existent in my area.  :wallbanging:  Wilberj, you own more large frames that you paid under $600 for than I've even seen for sale on Buffalo ny craigslist at any price in probably the last 8 years! LOL! :worshippy1: :worshippy1:

Edited by fonz3482, January 12, 2016 - 09:31 AM.

• blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#23 School Teacher OFFLINE  

School Teacher
  • Member No: 79595
  • 17 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 02:42 AM

Well the tractor i was talking about is gone so can't see if it was the one as the CL ad is gone. I promised pictures and lied and thought id get them on quick but took some tonight so ya'll can see the one i have.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, LPBolens and 2 others have said thanks

#24 School Teacher OFFLINE  

School Teacher
  • 17 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 02:45 AM

Seems to run like a champ, the tiller wasn't engaging but found out the front casting to the tractor wasn't bolted on so i got some of them in there and it seems to engage tho havent had time to test it. The shiny new bolts holding the casting in front to the frame.

#25 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 03:57 AM

Very Nice shape and fairly low hours. Wish I had a tiller! Been keeping an eye out for one, and a mower deck.

• blackjackjakexxix and KennyP have said thanks

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 05:11 AM

That looks like a capable machine!

#27 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,699 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 08:13 AM

Thats in good shape!

Doest look to have been modified or hacked up at all, a nice original machine

#28 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:04 AM

Seems to run like a champ, the tiller wasn't engaging but found out the front casting to the tractor wasn't bolted on so i got some of them in there and it seems to engage tho havent had time to test it. The shiny new bolts holding the casting in front to the frame.

You really got lucky nothing got broke with that front casting not bolted in,would be curious why it was unbolted in the first place,very nice looking machine,look that front casting over real good to make sure it didn't break anywhere

• Paulgo said thank you

#29 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:09 AM

Ok, after looking at the pics better,it appears that at one time it had a 2 stage snowblower for it,you can see where the lift asst arms were on it,they bolted to where you put the new bolts in,you really need to look that casting over good,along with the bolster where your pto engages at,and where your front axle mounts ,those 2 stage blowers were very hard on the front end parts

• LPBolens and boyscout862 have said thanks

#30 School Teacher OFFLINE  

School Teacher
  • 17 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:37 PM

Ok, after looking at the pics better,it appears that at one time it had a 2 stage snowblower for it,you can see where the lift asst arms were on it,they bolted to where you put the new bolts in,you really need to look that casting over good,along with the bolster where your pto engages at,and where your front axle mounts ,those 2 stage blowers were very hard on the front end parts

Ok will look, something was bolted on there.