• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,758 Thanks
  • 4,264 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 08:56 AM

Yesterday was above freezing with a little rain and snow.  Last night it got down to 22° so it is hard on top this morning.  Need to move my snow moving tractors (2) down to the machine shed.  Then get the 850 I just finished up off the work table and it too goes to the machine shed.  Bring the big tractor with loader up with the trailer in tow with Kubota B7100HST on.  Maneuver the work table in the loader bucket, back the trailer up to the shop door and unload the Kubota in the shop.  Work table goes in the machine shed on pallets and put the tractor away.  With a cold North 15 mph wind that will be enough for this morning.  Chiefs play later so will be inside watching the game.

Edited by chieffan, January 09, 2016 - 08:57 AM.

• Gtractor, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,634 Thanks
  • 39,004 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 09:14 AM

We're getting snow down here right now. Big flakes! Won't last long though. Glad you had the chance to move things around!

• chieffan said thank you

#3 propane1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,875 Thanks
  • 3,111 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 10:49 AM

Did you find a way to get the deck up yet.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 12:30 PM

Does a guy good to get something checked off the list once in a while.
  • KennyP and chieffan have said thanks

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,758 Thanks
  • 4,264 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 01:31 PM

KennyP, We just had a light dusting last night around 8 or so.  Nothing more.  Noel, I haven't look at it much yet.  Been trying to the the 850 up and out of the shop.  Don't think it will take much as I have a half dozen or so old RR telegraph pole cross arms, Douglas Fir no less that will work good as post.  Tar the end and set on cap blocks to keep moisture out and they will be good for another 100 years.  Going to have to warm up so I can get the portable air compressor down there with the framing nailer.

Got it all switched around.  Had room to leave the work table in the shop cross wise.  Had to tighten the PTO belt last time I used the thrower.  got it to tight and now won't release.  Starter would not turn the engine and thrower enough to start it.  Briggs fired right off on the H16.  Found I have more work to do on the 850.  One back tire was flat and front wheels bushings need replaced.  More $$ to stick in it.  Got the Kubota inside the shop and door shut.  That is enough for today.  Wind really had a bite to it, especially facing North.  Trouble keeping my hands warm too.  Bad knee and insulated overalls don't make a good combination for getting one & off Gt's or around things.  It will warm up again one of these days.  Till then, everything has a good roof over it.

Like MH81 said - good to get another item scratched off the list.  One off the top - two added at the bottom !  How do you get ahead that way ? ?

• KennyP said thank you