wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 08, 2016 - 11:56 PM

Need help from all owners of New Holland / Ariens / Gravely tractors that are similar to my New Holland S-14. I want to mount good tires on the back of the tractor to compliment the V61 front tires I have for it. I have a pair of Carlisle Tru Power 23x10.50-12 tires, but was really considering ATV tires yet again. Found a few good deals but not sure if a 25x10-12 on the 8.5" wide rims will fit without modifying the fenders. I have found other size options but figure the 25x10-12 to give the most variety of options. I found a few pairs new and a few used that I like but not sure if I can fit unworn 25x10-12 or if I need to find some already worn to stuff under there. Brands I'm looking at are Goodyear and Titan, mud tires (lug tread design). One set is worn down to Mabey 9/16" tall tread (new usually 15/16"), the others are close to new tread. Most 10" wide ATV tires mount on 8" wide rims, so 8.5" should rob a little height, but not much. Any thoughts folks? Really need to make a decision before they sell.

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,537 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 12:46 AM

I had seen an Ariens S-14 with bigger atv tires. The owner said it cleared the top, but hit in the front. If I remember right, he somehow moved the whole fender front.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#3 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 04:24 PM

I am running 25x10x12 ATV tires on my GT14, they are close but don't rub at all. 

• wvbuzzmaster and shorty have said thanks