#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Is it running and operating right?  Engines and parts very hard to find. Tractor is their biggest at time, good worker if working. They have a Renault Industrial engine, and parts scarce.  Attachments also will have to be for the D series and a little harder to find. A collector would like the tractor more than a person looking for a used rig to put to work.

• HANKG and MolonLabe have said thanks

#3 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted January 08, 2016 - 01:22 AM

Hi All,
I have had a few of them. When the hobby was peeking they brought nice money to the collectors needing that one off to complete their collection. The unfortunate part of the Gutbrod line was the brass gears used it the transaxle. It has been told that only qualified wheel horse service dealerships would or could service the broken drive lines. It has also been told that many of these machines where bought back by WH because the couldn't repair them. Too your question. In very nice original condition 1k - 1500 with the deck and options bringing that price up. I personally have seen them sale under 1k. That is probably one of the fastest GT's I have owned. Enough levers to almost put you in a cockpit state when operating it. I had a very early unit that everything was in German on all tags and markings. It was probably a '75- '76 model. The later models where a little better as they supposedly beefed up the transaxles.
Any pictures?

Take care,
Mike
  • Alc, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks