• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fordtractormanlgt165 OFFLINE  

fordtractormanlgt165
  • Member No: 79481
  • 9 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 05:54 PM

I have a lgt 165 and I'm looking for affordable implements for it such as plow,disc,bushhog,and I also need hitch arms and the PTO system. And where I live its impossible for me to find them . I can't even find parts for this tractor even my local newholland dealer said he can't do nothing for me???????
  • limebuzz, Texas Deere and Horse, Chopperhed and 3 others have said thanks

#2 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:33 PM

First off, welcome to GTTALK. You may need some deep pockets for the 3 point hitch for these, but a sleeve hitch can be made up Very easy, and will be much easier to get attachments for. As far as rear bush hog mower, they don't exist for cat. 0 hitches which is what you would have. A towable unit would be what you could use, like one from DR.
What kind of parts are you looking for?
  • boyscout862, case1man and chieffan have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:42 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Keith is right about the 3-point hitch. Those are hard to come by. A sleeve hitch will be easier to find or build (depending on your skills). A Brinly 10" Sleeve hitch plow can be found fairly easily. The PTO can be hard to find also.

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Welcome to The Forum.  A sleeve hitch would be much more practical like others have said.  Easy to put a draw bar set up on it to tow about anyting you want.  If you want a brush mower, get one that is self powered.  Be cheaper by far the trying to go with a PTO.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and case1man have said thanks

#5 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:53 PM

I have a lgt 165 and I'm looking for affordable implements for it such as plow,disc,bushhog,and I also need hitch arms and the PTO system. And where I live its impossible for me to find them . I can't even find parts for this tractor even my local newholland dealer said he can't do nothing for me???????

Welcome,

As a lot of the members here have discovered, for these old tractors, it's often easier/cheaper/better to build your own three point setup. It doesn't take much. The PTO isn't that difficult to figure out, and can be built by any person with mechanical aptitude.

Edited by Chopperhed, January 06, 2016 - 06:54 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862, case1man and 1 other said thanks

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. I moved your thread to the Ford forum. Good luck. Post some pictures of your Ford when you can.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and case1man have said thanks

#7 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,111 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted January 06, 2016 - 09:01 PM

My luck with new holland dealer in my area , was , no parts available I was told, and never even tryed to look any thing up, while he was eating his apple. So, I said , thanks very much for all your help, and have never been back. I'm afraid that if you need to fix something or get attachments, you will have to make it or repair it, or do a lot of searching for it. Great tractors, I have a lgt 165, and it's a work horse. I have many attachments for it, some I have made.

Welcome to this site, great place for information.
Noel
  • KennyP, boyscout862, Chopperhed and 1 other said thanks

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 05:39 AM

I did a mod to my sleeve hitch so it would clear the trailer hitch. I have a drawing of that hitch that one can be built from.

• boyscout862, Chopperhed and case1man have said thanks

#9 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 06:52 AM

Welcome to GTT. Check our Manuals Section for info and our sponsors for parts. Some basic parts will be available through NAPA but they have to make an effort. Also, be aware that Jacobsen made the Fords and most parts are the same. I just picked up a Jake as parts for my LGT 120. Good Luck, Rick

• Chopperhed and case1man have said thanks

#10 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 07:12 AM

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search. 

• Chopperhed and case1man have said thanks

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 07:54 AM

I uploaded  the drawing I made of the Ford/Jacobsen sleeve hitch. You can find that here.

• boyscout862, Chopperhed and case1man have said thanks

#12 case1man OFFLINE  

case1man
  • Member No: 40153
  • 101 Thanks
  • 106 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 11:23 AM

I bought a craftsman sleeve hitch at a flea market and modified it to use on my 165 LGT. Hitch ,metal and pins total was about 50.00. Works well easier and cheaper to find than the Ford hitches.

• KennyP, Rock farmer and Chopperhed have said thanks

#13 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 04:22 PM

I bought a craftsman sleeve hitch at a flea market and modified it to use on my 165 LGT. Hitch ,metal and pins total was about 50.00. Works well easier and cheaper to find than the Ford hitches.

I did the same!

Joe
  • Chopperhed said thank you

#14 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 01:02 AM

Welcome! Depending on what you want to do with a hitch, the pin hitch is much easier to fab/adapt, and simpler to use for many attachments as well.

My Ford LGT had the factory top part of the 3 point hitch, but not the lift arms, adjusters, drop arms, etc. I made all of those fairly easily (see my post on FORD LGT165 Kohler Twin repower from a while back, I have some pictures on page 2 of the thread...), but the top part (the factory part I had) would be a little more complicated to build. 

I've had very little luck finding ford attachments, aside from what came with my tractor. But with a little ingenuity, you can adapt many more common implements.  For example, you could make an adapter to fit the more common deere front implements (or other brands). Since ford mower decks have the adjuster on the deck, that limits you a little, but could always weld the parts onto another deck if placement works..... And of course anything that fits a standard pin or cat 0 rear hitch would work, no matter the manufacturer.... 

• Chopperhed and propane1 have said thanks