Garden Tractor Forums banner

chameleon pants

765 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  UncleWillie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, yesterday Steph and I had the most inane conversation of our married life. And trust me there have been a few.

I needed new work pants to all of mine shrinking 4 sizes or falling apart. I told her to get the size off the pants I wore Saturday because they fit well. She left for the store.

When she came back I tired on the pants. The first pair was too small. I asked her why she didn't get the size off the pants I told her to. She said she did. I asked her what pair. She said they were on the couch.

I looked and there on the couch was a pair of blue pants.

"Those are not the pants I wore."

"Yes, they are."

"No, the ones I wore were black, those are blue."

"They were the ones you wore."

"How could they be the ones I wore if they are not the same color."

"Those are the ones I took your knife out of."

The conversation went on like this for a while longer. The other two pairs of pants fit so I just told her to take the one pair back. A short time later, as I sat at my desk, she walked into the hall with the black pants in her hand. I told her that was the pair I wore Saturday.

She said they were the pair that was on the couch. I began to wonder if there were not two pairs of pants on the couch so I went and looked. There were no more pants.

I took the black pants and tossed them on the green couch and immediately the looked blue.

We were both right - and wrong.

They shall henceforth and forever be known as my chameleon pants.

See less See more
#6 ·
I am always messing around with my wife, look in the cabinet and see all blue bowls so I will ask her for a green one :thumbs: . ask her for a spoon then when she hands it to me say WTF I asked for a fork !! it is really fun but I think she is catching on :D now she wont get things for me when I ask.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.