Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 02:05 PM

Where is the "Seat Time" or "Mowing" Forums? This is what I did today, really enjoyable knocking the clover down, it was pretty thick, but the new belts and sharpened blades made a big difference. There were some strange clover circles, no idea how those formed. No dust, light wind, 66* and sunny for a change. Very little under deck clean up was needed, and an old long handle grill spatula works great!.  

I really enjoyed the seat time!

Attached Thumbnails

• P1140835.JPG
  • P1140837.JPG
  • P1140838.JPG
  • P1140841.JPG
  • P1140843.JPG
  • P1140844.JPG
  • P1140845.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 02:30 PM

No grass cutin here. Snowing today, just light thou.

Noel
  • 637Yeoman said thank you

#3 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,002 Thanks
  • 678 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 02:43 PM

I used to get large circles of mushrooms and nobody could figure out how they formed in such strange patterns. Then I was watching my wife ride around on the three wheeler and running over the shrooms they would then sprout up in her tire pattern for about a hundred yards after the original patch! Took a while but that gave me a good laugh.
  • Gtractor, KennyP and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 04:35 PM

WE have enough snow forums or postings anyway, use those!  Green snow?  My yard has circles at times like that, and neighbors below have a LOT of them right now. I think it's Aliens visiting and those are landing marks!  Maybe with all the ground rumblings and volcano activity, those are just warnings of the next Outlet or breaking area....heh! :D

• KennyP and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 04:38 PM

WE have enough snow forums or postings anyway, use those!  Green snow?  My yard has circles at times like that, and neighbors below have a LOT of them right now. I think it's Aliens visiting and those are landing marks!  Maybe with all the ground rumblings and volcano activity, those are just warnings of the next Outlet or breaking area....heh! :D

I think your on to something there, GL!

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#6 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 04:45 PM

The clover horse shoes were weird, I do get fungus circles in the spring but in a different area. Only the dogs inhabit the front yard, and my mowing pattern doesn't account for these. No earth quakes here.  I just :pushmower: . over them.

Edited by larrybl, January 03, 2016 - 04:45 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 05:27 PM

My grass could be cut but I'm not. It flurried today. Only the second time I've seen any white stuff this winter.
  • MH81 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#8 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,898 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 05:40 PM

Here we have (only)  had 1 snow storm worthy of shoveling or plowing or blowing this year but like 2 days later it was in the high 40s so I didn't even bother, I let mother Nature melt it away, it did not take long.  I missed out on the 2" sleet storm last week/ my Mom got in on that less than 30 miles north of me but my snow equipment would not be worth anything trying to move that crap. I hope that it stays that way this season. I am starting to play with my 129 and 1250 Cubs anticipating the mowing season....

30 miles the other way from me, in the town that I work in, boats, oars, sandbags and barricades have been this winter's needed equipment. oh; salt too, as once the floods came, "then" the temps decided to fall... what is with that?
According to the news from early last week the Panhandle down there had over 20" of the white crap. How far are you from that?

must be quite a ways being youre mowing this weekend. 

#9 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 05:55 PM

"According to the news from early last week the Panhandle down there had over 20" of the white crap. How far are you from that?"

Never been to the Texas Pan Handle, All I know is that it takes me about 8 hours to leave the State no matter which way I go.

• dodge trucker and 637Yeoman have said thanks