so while I was plowing snow, and much of it was in high gear, a couple of cross membered chains broke loose. Not sure what exactly to call them, but it's that funny looking link that connects the chain going across the tire to the one that goes around it, does that make sense? So anyway I took the chain off and brought them to work so I could use a MIG welder to tack them into one piece again. I don't have any pics of the broken pieces, as I forgot to bring my camera. Once I had them tacked back together I brought them home where I proceeded to put the chains back on. I bought these chains from Rick Show (blackjackjakexxix) as some dirt cheap ones, as they didn't have any latches on them and I was totally fine with that. And as I was putting them on I thought there had to be a better way to securely tighten these things. After some brainstorming I came up with these, I just took some chain, torched them apart and bent them at a 90*. After I had them mounted I tacked the open part of the links with our stick welder and I think they'll work. So far I'm happy with them. Let me know what kind of improvements I can make to them, as I just kinda threw it together.