• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 827 Thanks
  • 473 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 11:27 AM

There is a guy that is trying to build an archive of Speedex tractors still in existence. He's got some factory documents and can presumably identify the year, month and even day a tractor was built - at least through 1977.

Anyway, if you'd like to help him build his database and potentially learn more about your tractor his web site is speedextractorarchives.com
  • Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 02:45 PM

Interesting, but if for S series only, I have none. I like the later 4-digit models. I was watching the video there, but is long one, didn't finish for now. I have bookmarked now and wrote him a message. ON the other forum he said he started and sold to Mike Hamper I use .org on end of that address and not .com. I'll have to see if .com is diff place?  Or is that just a mistake this fella missed? 

#3 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 827 Thanks
  • 473 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 11:58 PM

Interesting, but if for S series only, I have none. I like the later 4-digit models. I was watching the video there, but is long one, didn't finish for now. I have bookmarked now and wrote him a message. ON the other forum he said he started and sold to Mike Hamper I use .org on end of that address and not .com. I'll have to see if .com is diff place?  Or is that just a mistake this fella missed? 

I think they both resolve to the same site.

When I emailed him with information about my 1631 I mentioned his video was all about the S tractors.  He said he's interested in all of them.

He did not have exact info about my 1631, says his records only go to 1977,  He guessed that the M at the end of my serial number might mean it's a 1979 because the 1632s in '77 ended in L.  I think he's mistaken though.  I believe mine is too similar to the Strongland tractors to be that old.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 01, 2016 - 12:04 AM

I wrote to him and he said almost same things, ha!

#5 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 125 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 11:14 AM

If your tractor has the original engine you can get a rough idea of the age from the code on the engine which tells you when the engine was made.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speedex