22 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 08:46 AM

Thanks guys.  By the time she/he is born we will have a new born, a 2.25 year old, and a 6 almost 7 year old.

So basically.  by this time next year I will probably be completely bald(already started!)

• KennyP said thank you

#17 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 11:25 AM

Congrats and your late Christmas present!

Having put a bedroom in the garage myself, I would recommend some type of in the floor heating. I put down 2x4 subfloor, insulation, plastic barrier then plywood and snap/click laminate. Floor is still pretty cold. 

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 12:02 PM

Congrats and your late Christmas present!

Having put a bedroom in the garage myself, I would recommend some type of in the floor heating. I put down 2x4 subfloor, insulation, plastic barrier then plywood and snap/click laminate. Floor is still pretty cold. 

That's my biggest worry.  Plus I am going to do a dual zone mini split for heating and cooling.  I am going to insulate the crap out of the walls. 

We will have a 10x20 room and a 10x14 room.  Have a 10x6 "entry" room from the laundry room down into the garage.  Then moving our bedroom into the 10x20, putting the living room in our bedroom, making the old living room the dining room. 

By the end of it, I'll of gained 480 sq foot, 1 bedroom, tripled the size of my living room, and gained a dining room.  Should be a great project if I can pull it all off for around 15 grand. 

#19 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 12:35 PM

Thanks guys.  By the time she/he is born we will have a new born, a 2.25 year old, and a 6 almost 7 year old.

So basically.  by this time next year I will probably be completely bald(already started!)

TMT

When my beloved spouse arrived on the scene, she had 3 older brothers ranging form 9 to 16.

My mother and her mother were pregnant at the same time for a few months. My aunt and my older sister went through grade school together.

#20 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 12:36 PM

We don't have too much a problem with heating or cooling, just the floor stays cold. 

My dad had already built a 5×8 mud room and pantry in the garage. I extended mud room out another 9 feet, then put a 9x14 bedroom on it with a 5x5 closet. My poor son has to go through laundry room into his bedroom, but he's away from the rest of us haha.

I did keep some of my garage, L shape, about 8 feet deep across garage door and then another 8 feet or so wide. Couldn't give him all the garage haha. I already told him when he leaves for college next fall, I'm installing a mini garage door in his bedroom so I can have a tractor workshop haha 

#21 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 12:49 PM

Lucky you a newborn and a terrible 2. lol not that there ever terrible .They should call it boy do they get into everything stage of life. Congratulations and best of luck on remodel. 

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Congrats on the newest addition. 

#23 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 08:02 AM

Hey, I was an oops baby and look at me now...   Uhhh, that may not be the best example.  Never mind.

Ya, me too....

Hey this is great news for you and the wife ! Will pray that all works out well ! Kids are GREAT !

• David Brown and toomanytoys84 have said thanks