• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like fun, wish I could.

Regarding the club membership to participate, it's a good idea that our club does for all our events except plowday so far. It's only a matter of time before our Insurance forces us to do it tho.

Our club has the membership form & address to mail it on our website. We also have a place to join at each event.

#17 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• Member No: 2370
  • 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:51 PM

We had a great time at our 2 Cylinder Club's show today. Lots of great tractors! Our display of Garden Tractors was rather small, but it sure was mighty! Thanks for bringing your sweet 140 Rick!

It sure was great meeting some of you guys today. Thanks to all the made it in spite of some morning rain. Turned out to be a beautiful day and had a great time at the show. Later in the day I was told that there may be an additional plow day added to the schedule this year due to the interest from the garden tractor guys. Right now it is about 50/50, but one of the club members thinks he can secure another large quality field that they have used before, this one would be in Rosebud MO. So heres hoping that one works out to!

While sitting near my tractor a guy proceeds to tell me he has a John Deere garden tractor in his barn he would like to get rid of. While talking with him I find out it "has round fenders". I asked a few questions about it that he couldn't answer so I gave him my cell number and asked him to call me when he got home so I could narrow down just what tractor he had. About 30 min later he calls. I asked him, does the tractor have 3 lug nuts on the rear hubs or 5? He said 3. I asked, does the tractor have a 3 speed transmission or 4? He said 3. I said, I WILL BE UP TO SEE THE TRACTOR! Once I got there he took me out to his barn and there sits this complete EARLY 64 110, serial #4775. Everything is original down to the hubs and the welded tube axle. Even the engine looks to have never been apart. He then tells me that he has a couple plows in another barn that he would like to get rid of. So I said lets take a look at them as well. After digging and crawling over a bunch of stuff there in the back are two Brinly plows, one a 12" sleeve hitch model! I definitely wanted that one. His son told him to keep one of them so I grabbed the 12" and battled my way back out. The other one was probably a 10". Once out the haggling began, we haggled back and forth for 15 minutes or so and finally settled on a price. I won't say what but it was very low. Once loaded, I went back to the show where another guy came over and looked at 64 still on the trailer and wants to buy it. We start haggling and he offers me double what I paid for the tractor and plow, just for the tractor! I have his name and number that he left with me and may just sell it

Oh and that guy I bought the tractor from. He asks me if I know what a Super bird is. I said yes I do. He said, Do you want to see one? I'm like YES! So we go over to his garage and there sits an all original Plymouth Super bird with 40,000 original miles! The car is covered in autographs of Richard Petty and many other NASCAR legends. He's got pictures with all these guys and everything. I sat and haggled with this guy over a tractor and plow for 15 minutes and this guy has a car that he has turned down a $165,000 for! WOW! What a day! Adam

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1387.jpg
  • IMG_1400.JPG
  • IMG_1414.JPG
  • IMG_1394.jpg
  • IMG_1399.jpg
  • IMG_1410.jpg

#18 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:53 PM

Just wanted to promote the next event in a very busy schedule for the Missouri Two Cylinder Club. This is the club that is now accepting Garden Tractors, and will be hosting our Garden Tractor plow day. You must be a member of this club to plow, and it is open to all brands of tractors. Dues are just $20 per year and includes many benefits like a monthly newsletter. I am encouraging any and all who want to plow this fall to come out to the shows, and please bring your tractors to show or tractor/farm stuff you would like to sell. I will be there with my 317 set up for plowing and I may bring my 430. Show starts at 10:00 am so come out and meet some of your fellow tractor buddies and join the club. If you would like to learn more about the plow day just read the Missouri Plow Day thread. Hope to see you there!

R & R Family Center
(636) 629-4300
845 N Commercial Ave
St Clair, MO 63077

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1412.jpg

#19 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 12, 2011 - 01:59 AM

Sounds like you had a day to remember. Congratulations on your tractor. Wonderful to hear about your club promoting garden tractors and the upcoming plow day.Hope everything turns out to be a huge success.

#20 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 09:01 AM

Man you did have a great day! Sure wish I lived close enough to come to your plow days.

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted May 14, 2011 - 11:59 AM

Looks like a great day, sounds like a great deal you got.

I love these shows, you never know exactly how your day will go.

Glad you had fun, that's what it's all about.

#22 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted May 17, 2011 - 10:51 PM

Here is the schedule for our club's events if anyone doesn't have them. The plow day/days have not been scheduled yet because the exact date is dependant upon the harvest. If you come to any of these shows, ask about the garden tractor plow day and get signed up. Hope to hook up with some of you guys soon! Adam

Missouri Two Cylinder Club • Schedule of Events for 2011
Prepared 12-28-10
Event Date Location

Show 4/16 Tractor Supply - Union, MO

Cruise 4/23 Marthasville, MO

Show 5/7 - 5/8 Mistler's Oak Furniture - Union, MO

Show 5/21 R & R Center - St. Clair, MO

Parade 5/30 Union, MO

Parade 6/4 Labadie, MO

Show 6/11 Loutre Market - Hermann

Show 6/18 - 6119 Purina Farms - Gray Summit, MO

Show 7/15-7/17 Owensville Threshers Show - Rosebud, MO

Parade 7/31 Washington, MO

Show 8/20 Lions Club - Gray Summit, MO

Show 8/27 City Park - Marthasville, MO

Cruise 9/14 St. Clair, MO

Show 9/24 Railroad Days - Pacific, MO

Cruise 9/29 Leslie, MO

Show 10/2 Dickey Bub - Union, MO

Cruise 10/22 Marthasville, MO

Edited by AV430, May 17, 2011 - 10:58 PM.