mini track loader/crawler

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scotthunt OFFLINE  

• Member No: 74013
  • 7 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 08:26 AM

I have been planning a crawler type tractor for a while now. 22hp predator engine, 2 borg warner t19 transmissions in a series, Dana 70u open rear end and 2 master cylinders for steering. The rear axle narrowed too the left about 16" and joystick for the loader on the right. The clutch setup 2 or 3 5/8" v belts on pullies gearing it down at about 5 to 1. Both transmissions in 4th gear should be about 5mph. I may build a cat 1 3pt hitch as well for a backhoe thumb and other attachments.
  • Gtractor, limebuzz, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 702 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Sounds like a pretty cool build. Keep us posted with pics of your progress.

#3 limebuzz ONLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 822 Thanks
  • 861 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 09:53 AM

Interesting projct.I've been mulling over an idea similar to yours.i will be watching as you tackle this.Sounds cool
  • Chopperhed said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 12:32 PM

Sounds BIG! Those are big parts, so guess not a little rig?  I always thought a frame of I-beam or channel running full length would be good start. Similar to what a Power King frame is, everything built off that one frame. It used tubing, which could also be used, but think heavier stock would be better for heavy thing like you wish to make. Using masters and axle brakes to steer? That enough? Would almost think twin clutches and somehow separate the drives each side would be better, but then more complicated I guess. Would you need to have a sort of drop box for rear to keep it down low and have clearance on machine?  Maybe a small tractor rear section with bull gears would work?

• Chopperhed said thank you

#5 scotthunt OFFLINE  

• Member No: 74013
  • 7 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 04:52 PM

I'll get 8" ground clearance. About 5' wide at tracks and 8' long. Probably under 4000lbs.