Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Massey MF16 and Tiller coming home with me tonight.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 18, 2010 - 04:50 PM

Sorry George, I feel bad for sending you the link, hope the others work out better

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Hey it's not your fault. I am glad you sent it to me. I should have been a little more cautious.

#18 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 09:03 PM

Wow, that's a real bummer. It's probably best that you did pass on it. If you found all of those things wrong with it on first inspection, you probably would have found more .....
$900 was way too high IMO.

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:03 AM

I am sure there was more faults to be found on a closer inspection. I didn't even crawl around on it, I just stood there and looked at it. I know the 16's are the rarest to be had and it was the hardest thing I had to do yet walking away from it since getting into the tractors but I just couldn't do it since he wouldn't budge. It happens. I will find another sometime. I would have rather found one that needed a lot of work real cheap then one that needs a good amount of work for too much.

#20 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 05:49 PM

Here is another. But he knows what it's worth.... I think that means he wants too much?

1975 massey ferguson lawn tractor 16hp

and this one, but pricey...

http://dayton.craigs...1638290534.html

#21 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:14 PM

I am sure there was more faults to be found on a closer inspection. I didn't even crawl around on it, I just stood there and looked at it. I know the 16's are the rarest to be had and it was the hardest thing I had to do yet walking away from it since getting into the tractors but I just couldn't do it since he wouldn't budge. It happens. I will find another sometime. I would have rather found one that needed a lot of work real cheap then one that needs a good amount of work for too much.

Well that's too bad George.

#22 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:17 PM

I think you were wise to pass on that by your description, George..........

I am working on a deal for a M-F12, with a deck and blower.....needs a starter......$200

He is sending pics this weekend, I will post when I get them.

#23 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 11:25 AM

Not to bring up an old not bought tractor but I was doing a little searching on craigslist again and look what popped up:
Massey Ferguson Model 16 Tractor For Sale with Tiller Attachment

He is now asking $700 which is what I offered him when I was there and he didn't take it. What an ass. It wasn't worth $500 but I wanted a 16 and I drove all the way out there for him to lie about the condition.

#24 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 01:19 PM

Not to bring up an old not bought tractor but I was doing a little searching on craigslist again and look what popped up:
Massey Ferguson Model 16 Tractor For Sale with Tiller Attachment

He is now asking $700 which is what I offered him when I was there and he didn't take it. What an ass. It wasn't worth $500 but I wanted a 16 and I drove all the way out there for him to lie about the condition.

That's what happens sometimes,the seller thinks is worth more then it is,untill a few people come and leave after offering less then he was asking.He must be getting desperate now that no one has bought it yet.Call and offer him $300 see what he say's.LOL guess you seen it and don't want it now either.Larry

#25 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 02:56 PM

I was thinking about emailing the guy and telling him I will take it for $500 and he has to deliver it to me since I wasted 6 hours of my time and almost $200. Seems fair to me LOL

#26 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 03:58 PM

I was thinking about emailing the guy and telling him I will take it for $500 and he has to deliver it to me since I wasted 6 hours of my time and almost $200. Seems fair to me LOL

Wonder what he'd say and do.Probably say no anyway,especially if he wouldn't come down to $700 when you where offering him that amount and standing right in front of him.Larry

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 04:01 PM

I think he thought since I drove so far and spent money on tolls that there was no way I was leaving without it.

#28 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 02, 2010 - 05:42 PM

Don't worry George, he wont get 700 for it now, no one will pay his price, people want to dicker and his tractor is trashed, keep watching he may have it down to 500 for soon, he's running out of viable buyers. Anyone close enough to take a look has passed. I did the same thing for a MF14, I drove damn near to Iowa for it, I even saw a picture, what it didn't show was that the ENTIRE frame was rusted through. Bad enough that I didn't know how it held itself up let alone the engine. People like that always get theirs.