• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 25, 2015 - 07:25 PM

Okay. Open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 in. If you set up a user name & password, enter that. If you didn't try admin for both. See if that gets you in there. I think it can be found in the routers system files on the computer too, just not sure where. Been too long since I had this type router.

If all else fails, try this.

• Trav1s and HDWildBill have said thanks

#17 MiCarl OFFLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 859 Thanks
  • 491 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 07:34 AM

So, I don't believe there is a manufacturer naned Sisco.  Did you mean Cisco?  Cisco home products seem to be sold under the Linksys brand.  I could not find a model 07794 in either Cisco or Linksys.

The good news is they all work pretty much the same.  Here is a tutorial on how to administer a Linksys X2000 (the router I have).  http://setuprouter.c...x2000/login.htm

A note:  They list the default user name as "admin".  On mine once I set up the wireless the user name became the SSID of my network.  So, for instance, if my home network were named "myhouse" then the user name would be "myhouse".

Good luck.

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 08:20 AM

Cisco does have a 7000 series router.

#19 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 06:43 PM

Your right. My Bad.  It is a Cisco router.  Has two long numbers, like 12 -14 digits and then under that 0313-1183. 
Top number is the serial number, second is the MAC address number and the 1313-1183 in under those two.  On the top is has Linksys 1500. 

Thanks a ton for all the help.  GF siad she thought the password had something to do with my cell phone.  Tried several different variations of my cell number and finally got it.  Wrote it down in my book this time but probably won't need it again for who knows how long.  Made the Granddaughter happy anyway.

• KennyP, Trav1s, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks