• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Little Irish Men ONLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 10:52 AM

Any One besides me will be hidding form there Outlaws ? In there Shop/garage ? Today will be the wife side , got one bother outlaw that does not know what end of a screw driver to used. And think's he can come in to my shop and touch stuff. Tomorrow  will be my side just one brother left and he does not stick around long enough to be a pain. I guess those of you that have good in-laws and functional families and a house full of grand kids  this is a great time of year . No I am not a scrooges  Just Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a very prosperous new year.

Patrick.

• TheFarm2004, MH81, boyscout862 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,235 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 10:56 AM

I did that when I was married to my ex wife. Horrible in laws. Her grandmother stayed a week once. I worked a lot of overtime that week!!

My in laws now are great. They are good people and treat me like I'm their son. The wife's brother, on the other hand, is a piece of work but he has been mia for 2 months now. He just took off. So with him gone it makes it better. Since he still lived at home you had to leave your wallet and valuables in the car and lock it so he wouldn't steal your stuff.
  • Gtractor, Alc, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 10:59 AM

I think everyone has atleast one or two people they stay away from at get together's :D

If you need to cook , heres a good way to do it without making a mess inside the house :D

• daytime dave, Bud W, Cvans and 9 others have said thanks

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 12:28 PM

RED GREEN, my hero!

• Bolens 1000 and Delmar have said thanks

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,105 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 02:01 PM

That was a good one, laughed all the time watching red green.

Noel
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,597 Thanks
  • 3,906 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 02:14 PM

:dancingbanana: Gettin mighty lucky this year!!!  :dancingbanana:

Her side changed the get together date breaking a 25+ year tradition and I can't make the new date fit into my familys schedule. 

Not that her family is bad, they are actually very normal and decent people.  Until it comes the the dog.

I'm just thinking about missing the mother *()^$%*)$ English Bulldogs slobbers all over me the entire time I'm trying to sit peacefully on the couch.  "Missing" that dog makes me have an uncontrollable smile something like the Joker from the last Batman movie would wear.  

OH YEAH!!!  Then theres 15 people screaming constantly at the dog to "get down" - "calm down" - "lay down" - "here poochie woochie" - "come-on poochie woochie woochie" at something over 3000 decibles for hours on end all the while the dog totally ignores the "commands" because she's not trained, probably unable to be trained, and doesn't have a freakin clue what a command is in the first place. 

:hitting_self_roller:

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs.  But my Black Lab can hear and actually understand the english language and commands.

Did I mention I'm a happy camper?  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

Edited by Gtractor, December 24, 2015 - 02:14 PM.

• MH81, oldedeeres, propane1 and 2 others have said thanks

#7 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 02:35 PM

The shop is the only place i'm comfortable "entertaining" visitors any more.  we can sit down and they can ask me about my projects.  i don't have many so once that's done they go back inside and do inside stuff with the mrs.

b/c of injuries i don't travel well so i'm off the hook for house calls.  this year she's going to visit her sister, i'm hoping to go after a trailer in the other direction...

• Gtractor, oldedeeres and Little Irish Men have said thanks

#8 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,145 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 02:39 PM

Ain't it something that people can leave for a family gathering without bringing their damn dogs with them?  We have Party Pom and love him to death but he don't go with us to visit people.  His place is in our house and not somebody else's.  Kris, want to have some fun?  Ill give you about 3 cats to take with you next time you go visit them ?  ?  Knock on the door and when they open it throw the cats in and say  "Oops sorry. wrong house". 

• Gtractor, LilysDad, oldedeeres and 3 others have said thanks

#9 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 03:11 PM

This is year 25 of going to a Christmas eve gathering of family friends of my wifes deceased parents. Now the 8 kids that were there 25 years ago all have atleast 2 kids of their own. It has turned into Chucky Cheese with all of the rug rats running through the house screaming and jumping on the furniture until they vomit. They have a "white elephant" exchange. A few of the gifts are good, but I usually get stuck with the Brokeback mountain DVD and enema bag kind of junk. This might be part of the reason I hate holidays.

• Gtractor, Jack, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#10 Little Irish Men ONLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 03:33 PM

O k  sooo It is not just me  ?  I did not go in to my monster in law  (aka) the mother inlaw !!!  But I feel a lot better know that I am not the only one with the kid's and dogs running loose in my house . As you might know I am writing this from my shop ,sitting on my stool with A full  cooler next to me . Thank guys. try to have a good holiday any way.

Patrick.

• Gtractor, oldedeeres and Oldford have said thanks

#11 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 03:48 PM

Instead of bringing everyone down with a story about why we're not spending Christmas with the kids; I'll just say that my wife and I are going to church tonight. Tomorrow morning we'll be alone and in the afternoon we'll be serving in a soup kitchen.
To those whom this applies;be sure to take time to remember what all the fuss tomorrow is supposed to be about.
PS. I heard that the Salvation Army is falling way short of their intended goal

Edited by LilysDad, December 24, 2015 - 03:53 PM.

• Gtractor, MH81, Bmerf and 3 others have said thanks

#12 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 03:55 PM

I'm afraid I have to go to the in laws in an hour or so,
mainly to install a new door on his truck.
We don't have kids, and their grandkids are going to be elsewhere.
Tomorrow will be me in the shop till dinnertime.
back in the sop after dinner.
We don't really celebrate the holidays, I've hated them since I was young.
  • Gtractor, oldedeeres and Little Irish Men have said thanks

#13 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 04:39 PM

:dancingbanana: Gettin mighty lucky this year!!!  :dancingbanana:

Her side changed the get together date breaking a 25+ year tradition and I can't make the new date fit into my familys schedule. 
Not that her family is bad, they are actually very normal and decent people.  Until it comes the the dog.
I'm just thinking about missing the mother *()^$%*)$ English Bulldogs slobbers all over me the entire time I'm trying to sit peacefully on the couch.  "Missing" that dog makes me have an uncontrollable smile something like the Joker from the last Batman movie would wear.  
OH YEAH!!!  Then theres 15 people screaming constantly at the dog to "get down" - "calm down" - "lay down" - "here poochie woochie" - "come-on poochie woochie woochie" at something over 3000 decibles for hours on end all the while the dog totally ignores the "commands" because she's not trained, probably unable to be trained, and doesn't have a freakin clue what a command is in the first place.

:hitting_self_roller:

Pepperspray???
  • Gtractor said thank you

#14 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,235 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 04:40 PM

When I had dogs we always put them in another room or outside when we had gatherings.

Not everyone likes dogs and some people are allerigic
  • Gtractor, Oldford and Little Irish Men have said thanks

#15 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,528 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 06:42 PM

I usually don't have trouble with a untrained dog. It will get taught to avoid me. Thankfully none of the relatives have a miserable mutt.
  • Little Irish Men said thank you