10 replies to this topic

#1 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 01:45 PM

A guy brought me a panzer 1110 to fix with an hh100. He lived pretty far away. He had an add on here for someone to try to fix it. It had alot of sentimental value to him . And he wanted his kids to enjoy it. It didn't have any spark he was going to get the retro fit kit but I told him to wait until I looked at it. Turns out the stator was bad. He ordered another one for it and it was bad too. I was able to fix it and use it so I got it all back together and re wired it , ran new fuel lines , rebuild the lme carb and went over the whole tractor. He was tickled to death when he picked it up yesterday . And heard it run. I had it for a month doing small things to it. He send me a picture today of his two little boys riding it around the yard . It made me feel really good I was able to help them out. It was a very nice tractor to boot. Paint was original and like new. He also had a deck and a plow for it. I hope he get many more years out of it. I also learned alot while doing it because I never worked on a panzer. From servicing it I had to learn . It was fun and rewarding

Attached Thumbnails

• received_10205061592610025.jpeg

• Gtractor, Alc, Chris11 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 04:19 PM

That is nice to hear and just in time for Christmas, thanks for sharing!
  • Chris11 and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 06:12 PM

Glad you could help him out and learn something about a different brand in the process!

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 09:35 PM

That is a nice Looker, even in THAT color!  Must not have much use on it?  I don't know them, but in pix looks like kinda weird mechanicals, diff than most.

• Chris11 said thank you

#5 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 01:23 AM

That is a nice Looker, even in THAT color!  Must not have much use on it?  I don't know them, but in pix looks like kinda weird mechanicals, diff than most.

well they have an old Plymouth read end .flipped upside down with no axle seals, the have a pulley on the crank and a shaft with a pulley next to the crank that runs back below the seat and they have a chain from the other end of it to the inut on the rear end. There is a friction wheel for reverse, two foot brakes to the old Plymouth drums. Rrally neat tractors and build heavy, the best part is I got to take it for a ride when I got it done. Took it up a nice gravel logging access road up the mountain behind my house. But I was really happy when he sent me some pics of his little boys riding it today. I think it was maybe part of the Christmas at their house this year
  • Chris11, KennyP, Cat385B and 1 other said thanks

#6 Oliver 2-44 OFFLINE  

Oliver 2-44
  • Member No: 66772
  • 47 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 12:42 PM

Great story, thanks for keeping it going. Those kids will make memories on it

#7 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like you got just as much out of this project as the owner of the tractor did - and that's the way it should be. Hopefully, someone will do the same for you when you need a hand. Things like that have a way of working out.  :thumbs:

#8 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Very nice, I have a 1110 I need to get running I need an engine for it. Great story. Merry Christmas.

• Tecumseh power said thank you

#9 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 01:21 AM

Sounds like you got just as much out of this project as the owner of the tractor did - and that's the way it should be. Hopefully, someone will do the same for you when you need a hand. Things like that have a way of working out.  :thumbs:

Yes I really did. He had an add on here and on Craigslist looking for someone to help him and I said I can probably tell you what to do over the phone because he lived pretty far away. He ended up bringing it out and told me his story, and how he wanted it for his little boys to enjoy. I did get as much out of it as he did, he did ask me about the throttle cable the next day I told him the clamp was probably loose because I had it off and I put it on the morning he got it I ran it for a bit but probably forgot to tighten it, he said it wouldn't throttle down. I told him to call me if he didn't get it. He never called so I imagine that it was fine. My fault, I would have drove out to fix it for him if he didn't get it because I met a really nice guy in the process. Yes I got alot out of it. More than my typical jobs
  • KennyP said thank you

#10 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 01:22 AM

Very nice, I have a 1110 I need to get running I need an engine for it. Great story. Merry Christmas.

what's wrong with your engine

#11 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 255 Thanks
  • 290 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:01 PM

Nice looking panzer,good job, ihave a 68 1110,leaving mine as is for now,the grandsons like driving around the yard. Also have a meteor that i need to find a motor for (has a snowblower motor on it) and front rims and a 1107 that is a basket case,no motor or steering,may let that one go