• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,453 Thanks
  • 3,362 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 08:25 PM

I also wear New Balance, the only other shoes I can wear are a few SAS shoes, I can wear some Timberland and Red Wing boots, but I wear 4 E, so not every dollar store stocks them.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#17 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 10:10 PM

Used to wear 14 EEEE, try to find those in a store!  Now I can get by with EEE & sometime "wide", I have to order everything!  Carolina work shoes & one style of "walkers from Cabela's, no dress shoes for me!

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#18 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 11:16 PM

I wish shoes (boots)  that I purchased felt the same on my feet for more than a week. Cheap or expensive seem to have the same result. Right now the only thing that I can wear all day is an ugly pair of Sorels with arch supports. Can't explain it but they work. 

6901-450024-p.jpg

• Alc and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#19 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,872 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 01:57 AM

NEW BAL AND SKETCHERS AWESOME FIT AND COMFORT

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 06:26 AM

Does anyone add these Dr Scholl's heal cushions in their work boots?   I never had too much problems with my feet but the last few weeks my right heal starts hurting by the end of the day ,all on concrete ,  quicker if I'm getting on and off ladders & stairs . I was wondering too if they slid around . I sometimes if working overtime I will  have my work boots on for 13 hours at a time . I've had these boots for almost a year so I don't think it's from them .

https://www.drscholl...elheelcushions/

• HANKG and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#21 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone add these Dr Scholl's heal cushions in their work boots? 

If the pain continues to increase I would visit the Doctor and see if you are getting heal spurs. 

#22 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,872 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 11:31 AM

I have plantar fasciitis very painful I wear a custom arch and heel pad and eat Aleve like Pez

• Alc, dodge trucker and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#23 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,235 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 11:37 AM

I have plantar fasciitis very painful I wear a custom arch and heel pad and eat Aleve like Pez

My dad has that. He has those doctor made inserts for his shoes too. That makes it hard him to buy shoes since the inserts are so thick.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#24 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 12:14 PM

I've dealt with it a couple of times.  A good Podiatrist was able to take care of it with some shots, therapy & good shoes.  

• dodge trucker and HANKG have said thanks

#25 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 10:32 AM

There are certain things to buy online and certain things "not" to.  and shoes typically fall into the "not" category.

I have to try on "the" pair that I am considering.  though I recently took that chance. My last several pairs of athletic shoes have been new Balance, # 990.  They come in different colors and some are "limited", one time I am at the NB store I see one I like the next time I am there and ask about the ones I saw there "last time"  they tell me that those particular ones are gone, NLA. 

I like these particular ones among other reasons because they are made here in the USA, not all NB are. 

I go thru a pair in 9 months to a year, usually have 2 pairs around at any given time, the older of which then become my "work around the house" ones. and my newest pair only gets worn (at least at first for a few months) only when I know I ain't gonna get dirty.. which ain't very often ha ha....

earlier this month, I broke that rule though because I have had enough NB 990's and they do tend to stay pretty true to size. I found a pair on FeeBay that I really liked so I thought I'd try it. and  lucked out. They fit just like all the other 11-1/2 D,  NB 990s I have had,

I have had the old "stand by" blue ones before but the main material is usually some kind of a mesh-y material, these are actual blue denim.  They have made them in a couple of shades of green over the years and the current one is a nasty shade. They had some green ones out a couple years ago that I liked but didn't need new ones at the time, when I needed some the next time they didn't have them any more. so my next ones may come the same way.

I have a high arch, and tough to find shoes that fit w/o buying the extra cost inserts.... got to every time I buy a pair of Red Wings or my feet "kill" me within a couple days.  With NB, I don't have to do that (but I have to have work boots for work)  I have been measured on one of those infra red type foot measurer things more than once. 

Why is it that when I was a kid, I could get any old gym shoes and not have foot issues? My feet never hurt  back then, but any more,  ever since I had my 1st pair of NB shoes, if I buy any other brand of shoe my feet HURT!!!   It don't seem to matter "which" ones but they have to be NB or I have to buy "high arch" insoles, and I hate having to have to buy them.

• Cvans and toomanytoys84 have said thanks