Garden Tractor Forums banner

New to me Ford 140

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bolens800uk 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 1969 Ford 140 yesterday and started going over it today, so far got the oil changed and replaced the fuel lines and also replaced the battery. The tractor has the electric lift on it but it looks like the wiring is pretty screwed up not functioning. The tractor also has the electric PTO but that also doesn't seem to be wired properly. I was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagrams for the electric PTO and electric lift. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#5 ·
Awsome, bout time that was bought. I have followed it on craigslist. If he would have shipped it I would own it lol.

There is a sticky with all the manuals.
The left it's easier to fab your own. Fastenal sells bar stock and can easily be made with the correct measurements

#8 ·
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice score on that one. It should be nearly the same as my Jake 1450. It is Electric PTO and lift. I've been looking for a non-working lift for a while as I have the motor, but that's all. There is not a wiring diagram, only the pic in the manuals. Page 12 of this manual is the best we have for a wiring diagram on the electric lift.

#10 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and assistance everyone! Going to be starting a carb rebuild tonight to hopefully get it running better, pretty rough right now. Then will start working on the wiring. The tractor is in pretty decent shape. A few surface rust spots I want to get cleaned up and get some paint/protectant on but other then that it looks pretty good. Will post some more pics of my progress as it comes along. Thanks again!

#11 ·
Nice score that's a sweet machine, hope to find a 140 one day myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.