• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Denden896 OFFLINE  

Denden896
  • Member No: 78832
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 06:42 PM

Thanks a lot everyone for the help and info I'll be getting more pics. @ david brown not looking to pull to much mabye some wood in a small trailer arou the yard was hoping to make it a mowing machince sometime in the future no deck for it but I'm more worried about getting it to work first I don't think he has any of the sheet metal but the hood..... I could be wrong I'll have to wait until next week so I can go through his garage and look for the rest I'll post pics soon as possible so you guys can help me figure it out what it is so I can order the service manual and what ever else I may need. I looked around the engine area caint find any numbers or name brand of what it is

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks a lot everyone for the help and info I'll be getting more pics. @ david brown not looking to pull to much mabye some wood in a small trailer arou the yard was hoping to make it a mowing machince sometime in the future no deck for it but I'm more worried about getting it to work first I don't think he has any of the sheet metal but the hood..... I could be wrong I'll have to wait until next week so I can go through his garage and look for the rest I'll post pics soon as possible so you guys can help me figure it out what it is so I can order the service manual and what ever else I may need. I looked around the engine area caint find any numbers or name brand of what it is

If you're talking about the engine, it's a kohler.  It will either be a 12hp or 14hp.  I can't recall the difference in the bolt patterns on the head.  The hood will tell us a lot so be sure and post a pic or two of that as soon as you can.

By the way, if your tractor does have 24" rear wheels and you need new rims, they are the same rims used of the Farmall Cub so they wont be hard to find.

Edited by David Brown, December 21, 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#18 Denden896 OFFLINE  

Denden896
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 07:37 PM

Thanks yes I'll post pics soon as possible I don't think the rims are to far gone I'll have them sandblasted or something when I get to that point

#19 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 10:33 PM

Great project you have to work on there. Take the 4 bolts out of the top of each transmission and remove the top covers. Just lift the covers off and have a look inside the transmissions. Pull the oil drain plugs out of the transmissions and flush out whatever you find in there. It's possible that there may be water in them and if there is, you want it out ASAP. You might get lucky and there won't be any water in them. It's simple to install new bearings in these transmissions if you need to, and they aren't costly. I just finished rebuilding one recently. New gears and shafts will break the bank, so sometimes it's best to find a good used transmission if needed. There are quite a few good people here who will help you out along the way.Good luck and have fun.

#20 Denden896 OFFLINE  

Denden896
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 12:51 AM

Awsome thanks for the tip I'll be draining them tommaro and see what it looks like hopefully they aren't to bad I'll take pictures and post them soon as possible
  • classic said thank you

#21 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 08:51 AM

You're welcome. This is what's inside those T92 transmissions.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20151214_163724-1.jpg
  • 20151214_180016-1.jpg

• MNGB said thank you

#22 Denden896 OFFLINE  

Denden896
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 12:37 PM

Ok had some time today to take the transmission covers off seems pretty gunky in there hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here's some pics

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#23 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 01:17 PM

Mine looked like that too . It needed bearings but saved everything else .

#24 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 08:27 PM

The only way that you will know the condition of everything will be to disassemble them. They are easy to rebuild, and you may be able to get away with just installing new bearings. There are bronze bushings in the reverse idler gear and the cluster gear. I replaced the bushings and the shafts that retain them in the housing on mine. My shafts had about .005 wear in spots.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-12-24 20.34.09.jpg

Edited by classic, December 24, 2015 - 08:36 PM.