• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 10:39 PM

I thought I would put this up here and see if there's any interest.  This tractor needs to go as I need the shed space and just would rather keep my Executive and MF12 for my Massey Collection. This tractor is too big. I have had it for around ten years. When I acquired it the engine was blown. I bought a different K341 engine (supposedly good) but found it needed to be overhauled. All of the machine work and most of the reassembly is done on the engine. It was bored, valves done, new balance gear bearings and keepers, and the crankshaft was turned. It just needs the new piston and rings installed but I do have them to go with the tractor. The engine has been under cover in our dry basement. The tractor has been kept in the garage. When I bought it all of the gray paint was surface rusted and I had sanded it down and painted the sides of the frame rails and the side panels with the correct Agco/MF flint-gray. The running boards could use to be done also as well as the grill. I had started stripping and bead blasting the outside of the gas tank but last summer but did not finish it. The rest of the tinwork is straight and in good condition. It also needs the left rear axle seal. I have the seal to include with the tractor. Price is $850 as-is where is.  If there is interest I will work on getting it to the front of the shed so it can be seen. It would make a nice tractor when completed. The pictures show the condition before I started working on it. I have not worked on the red-tinwork it is the same as pictured.

Attached Thumbnails

• mf16aftr3.JPG
  • mf16engine.JPG
  • mf16aftr1.JPG
  • mf16rightside.JPG
  • mfframe.JPG
  • mfframe2.JPG

Edited by ACmowerguy, December 19, 2015 - 10:40 PM.

• DH1, limebuzz, Traill95 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 729 Thanks
  • 632 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Nice lookin ride. Should make somebody a nice project. I always liked the other red tractors big or small.
  • ACmowerguy said thank you

#3 MN Masseys OFFLINE  

MN Masseys
  • Member No: 62622
  • 76 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 08:06 PM

Location?

#4 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 09:57 PM

I am located in Winfield, MO which is around an hour drive north of the St.Louis area.

#5 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 08:00 PM

Due to a lack of interest in the tractor's current condition, I have taken the engine back to the machinist for him to complete its reassembly. I will then install it in the tractor and get it running and driving before listing it again. The price will be higher then accordingly.

#6 Faluppa OFFLINE  

Faluppa
  • Member No: 83883
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:34 PM

This gem still waiting to be sold ? I may be able to take it off your hands !

#7 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 04:28 PM

Still have. Still waiting for machinist to finish with engine but I can go pick it up anytime. Have done more prep work to the fuel tank and grille.

#8 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • 290 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 10:41 PM

Engine is back from the machine shop and in the tractor. Should have running within a month or so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale