• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 04:27 PM

The poulan snowblower w/ the LCT engine I bought 2 yrs ago has been a hard starter from day one, so I decided to find out why. It would take 10- 15 sec to start w/ the choke closed and pump the primer bellows numerous times using the 110v starter. Had to remove the tinwork over the carb and that has the bellows mounted on it. Found the chinese hose from bellows to carb was more cracks than hose. I think it was cracked the day I brought it home. Since the bellows just pumps air into the carb to force gas into the venturi I figured some vacuum hose would work. $0.63 later for a foot of it and I only used 6" of it, it now starts one pull w/ the choke closed and two pumps on the bellows. I also found the carb mount bolts were slightly loose and tightened them. Took it a friend's who's out of town and cleared 6" off his two driveways and it seemed to have a little more power w/ the carb bolts tightened. I heard on another forum B&S has had the same hose problem so I thought I'd pass this info along.

Mike

• DougT, Gtractor, MH81 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 05:08 PM

From time to time I work on these Chinese go-karts, 4 wheelers and buggies.  The rubber hoses deteriorate at an extremely fast rate.  If I buy a Chinese product that is the first thing I do replace all the hoses.

• CRFarnsworth and ol' stonebreaker have said thanks

#3 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 984 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, Bill, I've noticed a few chinese rubber products that don't seem to last long. A friend has an MTD snowblower w/ the B&S engine that has the same bellows as mine. He has to take the spark plug out and squirt a little gas in to get it started. I told him of the discovery of my problem and since he's not too mechanically inclined, to bring it over and we'd check it out. Since I've told him twice and still no show, then I figure he's happy to do it his way, LOL!! I won't beg to fix it for him and I don't expect him to beg!!

Changing the subject a little, I decided I should check the auger gear box. took out the rubber plug and put the grease needle on my gun and must have pumped 20-25 strokes in before grease started coming out. I was glad to see no metal in the old grease that came out so I guess it still had plenty.

Mike

• limebuzz said thank you