• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 05:55 AM

So your Dad collected these? Take a lot less room than wheel weights!

• MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#32 _swede OFFLINE  

_swede
  • Member No: 78683
  • 12 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 06:30 AM

It was getting to the point of ridiculous. I was doing the Peter Panda Dance every time I wanted to walk thru. Mom can't go in there for fear of tripping and someone is going to get hurt.

Time for some change.

Peter Panda Dance, hahaha
  • MH81 said thank you

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 07:47 AM

So your Dad collected these? !

Collecting as in buying at auctions, probably some were Great Grandpas, some I remember from my youth.
  • KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 08:13 AM

I wouldn't mind having a few of your 'extras'!

#35 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 09:26 AM

I've being cleaning up my own mess lately, I managed to get 12 tractors inside, only 1 outside now.

Yesterday I fixed the chimney for the wood stove so now I got heat in there.

I think cleanup never stops just goes on and on.

For sure you will have more space and be able to find more stuff quicker.

BTW can you take a Video of the Peter Panda Dance, I'd love to see that. :thumbs:

• MH81 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:38 AM

Managed to get two more in the garage.
This space was waste high "stuff"

Not anywhere close to done, but baby steps... Baby steps.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• DH1, KennyP, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#37 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:56 AM

Look at all that floor space! Should be able to get at least 2 additional machines in there! :dancingbanana:

• MH81, Alc and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#38 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 07:00 AM

fanatical people always have their junk sorted but us good ole red necks lmao kidding just can not get it right .stuff filed on the floor mostly

Hmmmmm..........................................i got tool from the front gate to the back fence so to speak let alone in sheds & such & in vehicles

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#39 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,761 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 11:46 AM

I have 5 and 1/2 sheds (tree fell on one and only half of it is kinda usable) and the tent building. I still need more room. Everytime I clean the shop I swear it will not get in a mess again. Then I need to find something and it all gets messed up. I have drawn outlines on the walls where things should go. Some of those outlines will never be filled again because I have no idea where that particular tool wound up. 

#40 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 01:18 PM

Learned in tech and high school classes to put stuff back on board with out lines or we didn't leave the shop till found.  At times guy's were out in cars finding the socket or drivers missing. Wiping off the tools also on return to boxes.  SO, that kinda stuck with me all these years. I now have bigger tool boxes, some cabinets and such. I DO wipe up tools and put away at each time out in shop.  WHEN on bench, not so much, cause they seem safe up there and not going to be kicked around and such. When bench gets loaded up with the "put away later" stuff, then take awhile and put it all back and have bench space again, for a while at least!  My SIL uses his tools, leave them lay, lost, rusted, layed anywhere, and thrown into ANY tool box drawer.  This includes electric tools.  Drives me nuts to be at his place and he can't find a thing in the PILE he calls his garage, even tho he knows he has certain tool and so-on.  I have places for my tools and know the lay-out, even tho others can't find a thing as no labels on drawers and such. Been gonna label my drawers for long time, maybe this summer should do that.  I find it hard to spend the money on building shelves and cabs and running out of room on walls to put things up. THEN, when up, they protrude into work space and cut it down in size.  I like better made shelves and such and those are more costly to make or buy. Guess I'll just have to break down and spend some money this year and do it right.

• Bmerf, oldedeeres and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#41 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 11:28 PM

Learned in tech and high school classes to put stuff back on board with out lines or we didn't leave the shop till found.  At times guy's were out in cars finding the socket or drivers missing. Wiping off the tools also on return to boxes.  SO, that kinda stuck with me all these years. I now have bigger tool boxes, some cabinets and such. I DO wipe up tools and put away at each time out in shop.  WHEN on bench, not so much, cause they seem safe up there and not going to be kicked around and such. When bench gets loaded up with the "put away later" stuff, then take awhile and put it all back and have bench space again, for a while at least!  My SIL uses his tools, leave them lay, lost, rusted, layed anywhere, and thrown into ANY tool box drawer.  This includes electric tools.  Drives me nuts to be at his place and he can't find a thing in the PILE he calls his garage, even tho he knows he has certain tool and so-on.  I have places for my tools and know the lay-out, even tho others can't find a thing as no labels on drawers and such. Been gonna label my drawers for long time, maybe this summer should do that.  I find it hard to spend the money on building shelves and cabs and running out of room on walls to put things up. THEN, when up, they protrude into work space and cut it down in size.  I like better made shelves and such and those are more costly to make or buy. Guess I'll just have to break down and spend some money this year and do it right.

Believe it or not; I understood every bit of this!

Edited by Bmerf, January 24, 2016 - 11:28 PM.

#42 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 02:14 AM

Believe it or not; I understood every bit of this!

Me too, and I know I'll never be all the way there... But I am trying.
  • holdenboy1960 said thank you

#43 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,871 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 01:31 PM

Since 1990 when we moved into the new 40x50' Quonset shop the first thing on the next year's job list has been "clean up shop". Since catching up on this post I realise it is on the list for 2016 as well. Maybe this year I'll get a start on it, lol. Wish me luck.

• MH81, KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#44 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 03:43 PM

Since 1990 when we moved into the new 40x50' Quonset shop the first thing on the next year's job list has been "clean up shop". Since catching up on this post I realise it is on the list for 2016 as well. Maybe this year I'll get a start on it, lol. Wish me luck.

Luck!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#45 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,761 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Before Steph started working with me you could have eaten off my tools. I made sure every one was put back in its place. Since, at that time, all my tools stayed in my trucks toolbox it was easy enough to do. 

Then Steph started working with me. Things grew legs. Tools vanished into the space time continuum where dryer socks disappear to. 

After a ;year of so I had a 4 wheeler wreck that gave me another concussion. After that it was bedlam. Tools in places where no tools should ever be. Empty drawers. Mislaid sockets. Hammers fending for themselves in the wilderness. 

Since that time I have bought untold piles of money on replacement tools. And still I can't find a 10mm when I need it.