2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted December 18, 2015 - 09:29 AM

Got down to 19° last night so should be hard on top this morning.  Will be able to run to light equipment without getting full of mud for a change.  Was going to go about 1/2 mile with the 4 wheeler and cart and cut a good hard tree off the neighbors fence but to cold for me to ride that far this morning.  Way to wet to get the big tractor and tandem trailer down to it.  Might try later this afternoon, and then again I might not.  Will see how I feel when I get chores down after while.

• Gtractor, tiretrx, Traill95 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 938 Thanks
  • 686 posts

Posted December 18, 2015 - 02:21 PM

We've had a historically warm December here, with a good amount of rain. Coldest day of month tomorrow.....mid 30's. Then back to 60's by mid week. Nice for getting stuff done.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Been a messed up weather all over.  Apple Blossoms in NY in December?  We had Lilacs blooming the first of December.  Got a ton of wood pellets into the basement for the corn stove last month.  Been waiting for it to freeze up enough to my neighbor could get the rest of his corn out.  Didn't have much left but I needed a load to run me through the rest of the heating season.  Finally got it today.  90 bushel load and parked it by the basement door where it is close.   Have to covered with a trap but it is about a foot short so have to get a longer one tomorrow.  Our furnace isn't big enough to handle the house and basement too so run the corm stove in the basement to keep the floors warm.  Makes a big difference.

• KennyP said thank you