GTV 18 Restoration

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Potsie33 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 78182
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 10:03 AM

LOL! MH81, you can add my name to the list of those who forgot to push in the clutch/brake prior to starting. Happen to me yesterday, spent probably a 1/2hr checking switches and wiring before it dawned me. Had a good laugh when I read your post!!

#47 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 10:27 AM

Very, very nice restoration!  I can't believe how well this is turning out.  Keep up the excellent work!

• JDub said thank you

#48 JDub OFFLINE  

• Member No: 76385
  • 51 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 10:07 AM

Thanks all for the helpful input. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join the 'forgot to push in the clutch' club. I like those kinds of easy fixes, frustrating as they can be.

I'll run through the points suggested and see if I can make some headway. 

Edited by JDub, July 10, 2016 - 10:07 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#49 JDub OFFLINE  

• Member No: 76385
  • 51 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 11:12 PM

I'm still struggling to find the electrical ghost. But, because I needed to start opening up shop space, I went ahead and started bolting on the body panels. So far, as my first garden tractor project, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. I still need to find someone to media blast the wheels. After that, some primer and paint, and mounting the tires, she'll be mostly ready to roll (as soon as I figure out my electrical problem). I also need to track down a new ammeter; the bolts on the old one were fully stripped, which required a piece of a hacksaw blade to remove. (I might throw some Craftsman decals on the hood, just to finish it off.)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1808.JPG
  • IMG_1811.JPG

Edited by JDub, August 01, 2016 - 11:16 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#50 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,580 Thanks
  • 38,977 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 05:15 AM

Looks good! There can be several things with the electrical issue. With new paint, you may not be getting a good ground in the wiring. The manual shows what the terminals are for in the diagnostic terminal. Using a multi meter, you can check those numbered connections to see what is going on.

• JDub said thank you