• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 COPK OFFLINE  

COPK
  • Member No: 78739
  • 15 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 08:55 PM

I bought a 1618 with the front loader and three point rear. I'm looking for a mower deck and a front snow blade. Also could use any advice as I am not a previous tractor owner.

Thank you
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,711 Thanks
  • 8,897 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 09:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, great to have you here. Based on your avatar picture, I deduce two things.

1. You got loading pics down. We need pics of afore mentioned tractor.

2. Can you reach the pedals?  :rolling:

#3 COPK OFFLINE  

COPK
  • 15 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 10:24 PM

I'm the bigger of the two in the picture, And logged in via Facebook so picture was automatically loaded.
  • Cat385B said thank you

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,538 Thanks
  • 3,924 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 10:48 PM

Welcome to GTtalk! Nice tractor and loader.

#5 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 12:05 AM

I bought a 1618 with the front loader and three point rear. I'm looking for a mower deck and a front snow blade. Also could use any advice as I am not a previous tractor owner.

Thank you

Sounds like you hit a homerun your first at bat.  Does it have a rear pto?  seems like a rear mower would be easier to get on and off a loader tractor than a belly mount, which hurts ground clearance.  I'd try to clamp a blade on the bucket, unless the bucket goes on and off easy, that way you can pop the blade and use the bucket if the banks start to pile up, good luck

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 06:15 AM

Not sure if your PK loader is the same as mine but are you looking for the factory snow plow made for the FEL ?  Here's mine

http://gardentractor...oadersnow-plow/

• KennyP and Oldford have said thanks

#7 COPK OFFLINE  

COPK
  • 15 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 11:57 AM

Alc
That plow is awesome and I would love one. Where or how should I look and what can I expect to spend.

#8 COPK OFFLINE  

COPK
  • 15 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 12:02 PM

OldFord,
Thanks I am excited to put it to work. My first outing was a bust I was trying to plow with the loader with no weight added and got stuck. Had to shovel for hours to get it out.
I agree that a rear mower is probably the best option. I doesn't have a rear PTO
  • Oldford said thank you

#9 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 12:45 PM

Could you post some pictures of this tractor?  If its the same one in your avatar, it looks to be more of a 2414 or 2416.

• COPK said thank you

#10 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 01:30 PM

:welcometogttalk:

• COPK said thank you

#11 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 995 Thanks
  • 824 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hi  COPK, welcome to the PK world and the site, as posted without pics we can't be sure if you really have a tractor :dancingbanana: yes if your rear tires don't have ballast in them you can't do much with a PK especially one with a FEL and wheel wts are also nice to have, I ballast mine with -25* windshied washer fluid not as much wt as Chloride but not corrosive  which is a big plus. I prefer to remove the loader and use a regular blade for plowing snow, on the 1618 I found a nice 4 wheeler blade that was easy to adapt and works great and very easy to install and remove as it has quick attach mounts.

• Alc and COPK have said thanks

#12 COPK OFFLINE  

COPK
  • 15 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 03:15 PM

MNGB,

Thanks, I did add the washer fluid and it helped also put on some chains. Still need a plow though.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by COPK, December 17, 2015 - 04:37 PM.

• MNGB and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#13 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 995 Thanks
  • 824 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hi COPK, nice looking tractor, looks just like my 1618, here's my opinion remove the loader arms and find either a PK dozer / plow blade  you find the tractor will steer like it has power steering and it will be so much handier to maneuver with just a plow blade vs the plow blade on the loader, its pretty easy to remove and reinstall the loader arms.

100_0405.JPG 100_0409.JPG HPIM1720.JPG

• Alc said thank you

#14 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 06:46 AM

That plow is awesome and I would love one. Where or how should I look and what can I expect to spend

I would think the snowplow attachment for the FEL would be hard to find separately , If you can do some fabrication I can try making a drawing of how it fits to the loader arms ( really isn't much to it ) the plow blade isn't much different then the standard one . Those are a little easier to find , but you could adapt others .   

#15 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 02:14 PM

Blades are out there, just need to get all the correct mount parts and the lift link. Sometimes these parts got lost in the transitions of the blade and owners. With loader on, it kinda limits other attachments mounting and the arms and such get in way of usage. I have had a blade mounted on loader. I made it from stock PK blade and then added metal just like a factory made blade had and it worked. Sold tractor before I could get it used in snow. If you get mower deck, I suggest a 48" and not the 60".  Sixties became popular about this time as a sales plus, but they scalp easier and not as nice of cut as 48, my opinion.  You'll need the later style mounting and Mule drive attachment for this year tractor. Epay has lots of PK items, might check them out. Only way to have rear mower is to have one with engine on it and pull with 3pt hitch, just like a big tractor.