Garden Tractor Forums banner

riding my four wheeler and working on my pickup

16K views 156 replies 11 participants last post by  pick-to-stone 
#1 ·
i been busy on the pick up but i jest love to rid my four wheeler

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks like a nice old step side! Is it a '75? I had a '75 Blazer that I should have never sold. I think it was the same color as your pickup with a white top. I have 3 old truck projects too, two of them are driving projects.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of what you're doing to the truck. Far as 4 wheelers go mine are "Old Fart" atv's---my 2 garden tractors!

We get to Colorado a couple times a year Denver and Ft. Morgan areas. Have relatives in both places. Quite a ways from you though.

DAC

#8 ·
I know there's salvage yards in Ft. Morgan and Brush too I think but have no clue what's further east towards Wray.

DAC

Reactions: pick-to-stone
#12 ·
I guess I'm too old to like the slammed look and the huge wheels with rubber band sidewall tires that seem so popular nowadays. To each their own though.

Toomanytoys84, my wife has a Dodge Journey with 19's stock. Had I done the research before she bought it I would have told her to keep looking. It's a good ride but the 225-19's are impossible to find, so we buy 235's which seem to make no difference in the car, but our wallet is hit hard when tires are needed. Her first set from Sam's was $1200 and the only ones in town. Now more are available but they were still $850 for a set. She just got new ones a couple months ago again.

DAC

#13 ·
I guess I'm too old to like the slammed look and the huge wheels with rubber band sidewall tires that seem so popular nowadays. To each their own though.

Toomanytoys84, my wife has a Dodge Journey with 19's stock. Had I done the research before she bought it I would have told her to keep looking. It's a good ride but the 225-19's are impossible to find, so we buy 235's which seem to make no difference in the car, but our wallet is hit hard when tires are needed. Her first set from Sam's was $1200 and the only ones in town. Now more are available but they were still $850 for a set. She just got new ones a couple months ago again.

DAC
I'm the same way. My son loves that look.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)

DAC
Maybe they are 19s. I've never priced tires yet.

She is still rolling on the stock ones. I was just reading what you said the 235 seems to be the choice at around 160 to 250 a tire.

When I bought my ram back 10 years ago it had some huge factory rims on it. I told the salesman I didn't want them I wanted the 17" steel rims. He wouldn't change them out. So I got the truck put an ad on craigslist that I wanted to trade these rims for stock steel rims. Traded a guy for 17" steel rims with new tires and plus he gave me cash and I gave him my rims and tires(new tires from when I bought truck)

Friends of mine with those rims on their trucks were paying 1500 plus for tires. My 17" steel rims were like 500 for a set.

#15 ·
Maybe they are 19s. I've never priced tires yet.

She is still rolling on the stock ones. I was just reading what you said the 235 seems to be the choice at around 160 to 250 a tire.

When I bought my ram back 10 years ago it had some huge factory rims on it. I told the salesman I didn't want them I wanted the 17" steel rims. He wouldn't change them out. So I got the truck put an ad on craigslist that I wanted to trade these rims for stock steel rims. Traded a guy for 17" steel rims with new tires and plus he gave me cash and I gave him my rims and tires(new tires from when I bought truck)

Friends of mine with those rims on their trucks were paying 1500 plus for tires. My 17" steel rims were like 500 for a set.
I think Journey's may have a couple of different rim sizes. My wife bought a 2010 in 2011. It seems different wheel sizes came up when I was doing some on-line research after she had bought it.

That's cool that you were able to work out a good deal on CL on your Ram. Heckofa difference in the cost of your tires now! I'm still used to 15" and 16" tires since I drive trucks that old!

DAC

Reactions: toomanytoys84
#17 ·
My Tacoma has 16" now. It had 17" rims on it when I bought it but when I got my aftermarket rims I went to 16s.

I prefer the look of a 15 or 16" rim.
That's what I prefer also. My '55 had 16's original I think but they were long gone when I got the truck. It had Toyota 4x4 15" six hole wheels on it. Now the original 15's from my '70 K5 are on it as I got some 15" Rally's for the Jimmy. The '72 has always had 16's but I was able to trade the original split rims for a one piece wheel back in the 80's.

DAC

#19 ·
i ant going to make it a low rider trust me hate it when peple do that but thats what my paint job is going to look like
A similar type paint job in the colors you spoke of will look great!

DAC

#24 ·
Chrome version of the Rally wheel! Great looking wheel. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from LMC through the years.

DAC

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good choice on the rallys. This is what the lowered look should be. Hammered with some some meat in the fenders.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

This is my 3 season toy. She's put away for now.

Eric

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.