MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 10:41 PM

i been busy on the pick up but i jest love to rid my four wheeler

Looks like a nice old step side! Is it a '75? I had a '75 Blazer that I should have never sold. I think it was the same color as your pickup with a white top. I have 3 old truck projects too, two of them are driving projects.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of what you're doing to the truck. Far as 4 wheelers go mine are "Old Fart" atv's---my 2 garden tractors!

We get to Colorado a couple times a year Denver and Ft. Morgan areas. Have relatives in both places. Quite a ways from you though.

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, December 19, 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 12:12 AM

I need to get my Suzuki out, been to long.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#4 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 254 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 01:28 PM

It's a 78 longbed 350 4 barrel
  • MFDAC said thank you

#5 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 01:43 PM

Love the pickup. One day I want to restore a square body with my son. My 4 Wheeler hasn't been ran by me lately at all. My buddy used it for deer season at the camp. I have been riding my dual sport some in the December summer we had.

#6 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 254 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 09:45 PM

MFDAC wray is not that far form ft.Morgan and plus i have one more pick up that is my borther rembers are deal he made with me when i was eight but it is a power wagon 15 step side
  • MFDAC said thank you

#7 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 254 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 04:59 PM

hi i need some help finding a ac compresser for the chevy

#8 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:56 PM

I know there's salvage yards in Ft. Morgan and Brush too I think but have no clue what's further east towards Wray.

DAC

• pick-to-stone said thank you

#9 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 254 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 12:02 PM

we olny got auto part stores here

#10 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 254 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 01:23 PM

but this is what my chevy will look like when its done but black and blue

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• MFDAC and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#11 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 05:51 PM

I don't mind the low rider look if done properly on air bags so you can actually drive it but the huge wheels is a trend I can't figure out. There are so many negatives to them its not funny.

My wife's dodge journey came stock with 20" rims. Back when I was in my early 20s people talked about "Rollin on dubs" now minivans have 20s..
  • wvbuzzmaster and MFDAC have said thanks

#12 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 08:43 PM

I guess I'm too old to like the slammed look and the huge wheels with rubber band sidewall tires that seem so popular nowadays. To each their own though.

Toomanytoys84, my wife has a Dodge Journey with 19's stock. Had I done the research before she bought it I would have told her to keep looking. It's a good ride but the 225-19's are impossible to find, so we buy 235's which seem to make no difference in the car, but our wallet is hit hard when tires are needed. Her first set from Sam's was $1200 and the only ones in town. Now more are available but they were still $850 for a set. She just got new ones a couple months ago again.

DAC

• wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 07:33 AM

I guess I'm too old to like the slammed look and the huge wheels with rubber band sidewall tires that seem so popular nowadays. To each their own though.

Toomanytoys84, my wife has a Dodge Journey with 19's stock. Had I done the research before she bought it I would have told her to keep looking. It's a good ride but the 225-19's are impossible to find, so we buy 235's which seem to make no difference in the car, but our wallet is hit hard when tires are needed. Her first set from Sam's was $1200 and the only ones in town. Now more are available but they were still $850 for a set. She just got new ones a couple months ago again.

DAC

I'm the same way. My son loves that look.

• MFDAC and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#14 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 01:47 PM

DAC

Maybe they are 19s. I've never priced tires yet.

She is still rolling on the stock ones. I was just reading what you said the 235 seems to be the choice at around 160 to 250 a tire.

When I bought my ram back 10 years ago it had some huge factory rims on it. I told the salesman I didn't want them I wanted the 17" steel rims. He wouldn't change them out. So I got the truck put an ad on craigslist that I wanted to trade these rims for stock steel rims. Traded a guy for 17" steel rims with new tires and plus he gave me cash and I gave him my rims and tires(new tires from when I bought truck)

Friends of mine with those rims on their trucks were paying 1500 plus for tires. My 17" steel rims were like 500 for a set.

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 16, 2016 - 01:55 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster and MFDAC have said thanks

#15 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 08:51 PM

Maybe they are 19s. I've never priced tires yet.

She is still rolling on the stock ones. I was just reading what you said the 235 seems to be the choice at around 160 to 250 a tire.

When I bought my ram back 10 years ago it had some huge factory rims on it. I told the salesman I didn't want them I wanted the 17" steel rims. He wouldn't change them out. So I got the truck put an ad on craigslist that I wanted to trade these rims for stock steel rims. Traded a guy for 17" steel rims with new tires and plus he gave me cash and I gave him my rims and tires(new tires from when I bought truck)

Friends of mine with those rims on their trucks were paying 1500 plus for tires. My 17" steel rims were like 500 for a set.

I think Journey's may have a couple of different rim sizes. My wife bought a 2010 in 2011. It seems different wheel sizes came up when I was doing some on-line research after she had bought it.

That's cool that you were able to work out a good deal on CL on your Ram. Heckofa difference in the cost of your tires now! I'm still used to 15" and 16" tires since I drive trucks that old!

DAC

• toomanytoys84 said thank you