Got the shores done yesterday morning and went to shut the corn stove down so I could clean it. Noticed a fairly large wet spot on the carpet and started looking. Found water coming in between the floor and the block wall right at the joint where they poured the floor in two different days. Followed the joint to the center of the basement and started spreading. Got the 5 gal vac out and started sucking up water. After about 10 dumps the vac quit.
Went to the wood shop and got the Sear 16 gallon unit and really went after it then - for about 8 or 10 tubs full then it started to really slow down and stopped. $170 later back at it again with a new 18 gallon shop vac. It finally slowed down enough I felt I could leave it around 10pm. 6 this morning had more carpet soaked but not much coming in any more. 2 tubs later got caught up with it again. Will probably spend most of the day drying out carpet with 2 fans, the shop vac and dehumidifier. That sump pump sure got a work out.
The ground was saturated before we got this last 3" of rain so it had to go some place. Found a week spot in the sealer they put on when the basement was put in 3 years ago. Wish I would have insisted on tile around the footing now. Lot of ground slope, over 4 ft between opposite corners of the house so figured would not need it. WRONG ! At least I got the basement carpet cleaned. Worst part is a pool table sits right in the middle of the largest piece of carpet. No place to move it to that would do any good.