• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cubboy OFFLINE  

cubboy
  • Member No: 9829
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 10:33 AM

Have a 1250 Cub Cadet, had relief valves rebuilt, but the Hydro release lever is disconnected.  I cannot find a diagram on how to connect it nor can the cub dealer.  I would like to move this out of my shed by pushing.  I do not want to start the engine until I change the hydro fluid since I had the valve rebuilt. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Cubboy

• chieffan said thank you

#2 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 11:12 AM

if youre  no more than  pushing it out of the shed (by hand or if by towing, no faster than if by hand)  I was told that it wont hurt anything. 

I asked that on here when I got my 1250 too, as it didn't run and I had to winch it onto my trailer... 

Do your relief valves have the buttons on them?   If not, they are automatic relief valves (my 1250 has these) and  there is no relief to push...

my 129 has the buttons on the transaxle, the flapper is broke off and I am awaiting a new one, the actuator lever is on the right side (as sitting on machine) on the tunnel cover if yours are the ones with the buttons. 

I was concerned when I got my 1250 that it didn't have the release lever til I got on here and found out about the 2 different styles of relief valves.

• Alc and chieffan have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to GTT. You might try our Manuals Section for information. Good Luck, Rick

#4 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 12:18 PM

Got any Pics of your Relief valves? If there are small round buttons on top they are Manual valves if they are Flat with a small hole they are Automatic.

Here this might be useful for the manual valves. It's just a rod with a goofy looking spring steel "flapper" that pushes both buttons down on the Manual relief valves.

http://gardentractor...-somethig-here/

You can push it around either way but do not go very fast.5mph Max If you go much faster than that or very far you will damage the pump.

It causes scoring because the fluid drains down when you push it.The pump will run dry with out the engine turning the charge pump.Even with Operational relief valves you do not want to Tow or Push it very fast or very far.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 01:45 PM

Those levers and flaps are always broken on the old ones. I use those wheeled platforms for cars to move some around. Jack up tractor, set into the platforms that have casters and push all you want. If you have on all four wheels, you can push it many directions, pretty handy.  If only have two for back, the front can still be steered and such, just take more area then to move it. Could make your own from just heavy plywood with braces and casters too. Make sure casters are good ones and not real small.

• dodge trucker said thank you