Help need carb !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wje OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2734
  • 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 02:45 AM

Need a carb for my MF12 HH120. Mine is beyond repairable, im gonna have to get another carb,any help will be greatly appriciated thanks.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,699 Thanks
  • 28,342 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:21 AM

Was in the same boat with Ryans 10, good luck in your search! We got lucky... Hope you will too!

#3 NYMalloys OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 126
  • 27 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 01:09 PM

The Walbro LME's which were used on the HH120 were also on Sears Suburban tractors. I have found these to be more common scrapyard finds. If the carburetor you have is no good, but the main nozzle was replaced in the past and is still in good shape, I may be able to come up with the rest of the carburetor for you. When initially produced, they would screw in a nozzle and then drill out the ports. When the carburetors underwent complete rebuilds, the main nozzle had to be replaced (since the holes couldn't be realigned). The replacement nozzle, which had some annular rings and more port holes didn't require alignment. The replacement nozzles for these carburetors are no longer available. The owner of a local repair shop had been holding on to some of the bodies in order to cannibalise them for other parts as needed, but I'm not sure if he still has them. I am attaching a picture from the Tecumseh manual which shows a comparison of the replacement with the OEM nozzle. If you have the one on the left, let me know and I'll check to see if the shop has any of the carburetor bodies left. If you have the type on the right, you might want to see if you can find an old Suburban. walbronozzle.JPG