#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 08:50 PM

Looking for a electric starter for a Craftsman 29 / 10 Tecumseh. It need not be running! I need the bracket that holds the starter to the block. It has two attachment points on the bottom that are slotted and two on the top that are solid with holes in them. I know that the bracket is attached to the case and is not able to be removed. If I had a case I could reassemble it with my parts and make it work.

The problem I have is that the PO let the starter get loose and it wore the upper left hole out letting the starter tilt away from the flywheel. I tried re tightening it as is but it will not tighten. It causes the starter to grind the plastic gear on the flywheel. If you have a starter that is not running but the bracket is good and are willing to part with it I will be interested in it. I was given this snow blower and have replaced the snow chute with one off of another Craftsman snowblower/ It runs well and other than the starter it is pretty good. My intention is to fix it up and give it to a needy elderly neighbor to use but he is unable to pull start it.

Thanks for looking at this.                                                                                                                                            Roger

tecumse starter.PNG

• limebuzz, propane1 and Jazz have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, electric starter, techumse, craftsman