• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 11:31 AM

I know several are looking for work. I worked with this company for 15 years. Great company, insurance, 401 and so on. Pay is excellent ($20+) and once you have the training pay goes higher($24+). Only reason I'm not there now is I retired at age 67 1/2. This is a private firm on a government contract and is really still in the building testing phase of it. It is about a 10 year job possible more due to being torn down once all the work is completed. The work is with chemical material and there will be a background check and a Army security clearance check. They were in desperate need of mechanical techs, electricians and I&C techs.

go to aecom.com click careers. then careers opportunities. this should get to where u need to be. type Richmond Ky. and search. hope this helps

go to http://l.facebook.co...c_P3A/aecom.com click careers. then careers opportunities. this should get to where u need to be. type Richmond Ky. and search.

Hope this helps

This job hours are 42---42----48----and the 4th week you are off work and paid for 36 hours. Pay no attention as for the requirements, they have always asked for the world and take what they can get. They train for the positions that you are hired for. Any questions feel free to ask and I will try and answer or find you a answer.

Edited by cootertom, December 10, 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• MH81, Alc, Bruce Dorsi and 10 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 12:55 PM

Nice to see a real job with a living wage available. 

All I see around my area are 10-15 dollar an hour jobs that might give you 40 hours a week on a good week.

• KennyP, WrenchinOnIt, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#3 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 02:10 PM

I know several are looking for work. I worked with this company for 15 years. Great company, insurance, 401 and so on. Pay is excellent ($20+) and once you have the training pay goes higher($24+). Only reason I'm not there now is I retired at age 67 1/2. This is a private firm on a government contract and is really still in the building testing phase of it. It is about a 10 year job possible more due to being torn down once all the work is completed. The work is with chemical material and there will be a background check and a Army security clearance check. They were in desperate need of mechanical techs, electricians and I&C techs.

go to aecom.com click careers. then careers opportunities. this should get to where u need to be. type Richmond Ky. and search. hope this helps

go to http://l.facebook.co...c_P3A/aecom.com click careers. then careers opportunities. this should get to where u need to be. type Richmond Ky. and search.

Hope this helps

https://www.urs.appl...SearchInterface

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 03:06 PM

Complain because all you can get is $10 - $15/ hour work?  You want $20 - $25 /hour?  Then gripe cause a gallon of milk is $3 and Tires for you vehicle are over $130 each?  Get a life people.  Just how long do you think this can go on?  Better be thankful you can find a job at $10- $15/ hour.

• pharmer said thank you

#5 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 03:10 PM

Complain because all you can get is $10 - $15/ hour work? You want $20 - $25 /hour? Then gripe cause a gallon of milk is $3 and Tires for you vehicle are over $130 each? Get a life people. Just how long do you think this can go on? Better be thankful you can find a job at $10- $15/ hour.

Whoa. All the OP was doing, was putting an opportunity out there for some. I think that's really nice of him! Nobody ever complained about the cost of milk OR anything else.....don't see the issue here.
  • Dieselcubmike and HANKG have said thanks

#6 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 991 Thanks
  • 674 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 04:18 PM

I don't think he was insulting the author just stating the obvious flaws in our society! He is nice for listing the opportunity and I am sure chieffan feels the same but each of us has our own opinions and should express them, after all we are all friends here and need to vent once in a while. Hope nobody takes offense to anything I or others may say but really why would they.
  • KennyP and KC9KAS have said thanks

#7 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 08:48 PM

Dang, didn't mean for it to go there. I know jobs are scarce and was just putting it out there. YOU will EARN that pay scale as it's not a gravy train.

#8 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 09:14 PM

I wasn't slamming cootertom or anyone else.  But facts are facts.  Those high wages and unions are ruining this country.  Nobody wants to work any more.  They all want a college degree and then draw big bucks for no work, just a position.  Somebody has to do the work, no two ways about it.  When there are lots  of people looking for any kind of work and then I hear someone complain about not finding a big paying job?  There, my rant is over.  Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but guess I might have hit a nerve or two.  If the shoe fits, wear it.  Otherwise go barefoot.

#9 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 09:21 PM

Like I said, the money will be earned. Has very many people sit with a trail of VX, GB or Mustard agent running between your feet working on a machine? Most people won't know what that is unless you were the military. You are in PPE and air but the real danger is there for a fool that throws caution to the side.

• Alc and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#10 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,519 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for taking the time to let this opportunity be known.

From my perspective $24.00 an hour isn't an extravagant wage for an experienced worker. Walk into most any dealership and ask what they charge an hour for labor. Inflation is a fact of life we have to learn to live with. 

• toomanytoys84 and cootertom have said thanks

#11 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 09:48 PM

$25+/hr from a GC for a good I/C tech seems on the low side. The company I work for had a $50, 000 bonus for anyone that could pass the test and take the job. That is pretty common for an I/C job around here
  • cootertom said thank you

#12 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 09:54 PM

Here's one of the jobs referenced by the OP:

Desired Qualifications:

• Experience in a toxic or hazardous materials work environment

• Experience in heavy industrial work environment

• Proficiency in additional technical disciplines such as machinist or heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning

Job Description:

AECOM, is seeking a Mechanical Technician for the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant project located in Richmond, KY.

$24/hr is a 'high wage that's ruining our country'? For working in an environment that could possibly kill you just by being there?

I'm HAZCHEM/HAZMAT certified. And it's not a card I carry in my wallet, I'm in it. I was digging an exploratory test trench today that was impacted. Isobutyl contaminates being the main concern. We had samples that tested over 800 ppm for isobutyl acetate. The IDLH is 1,300 ppm.

IDLH stands for Immediate Danger to Life or Health. Meaning, immediate and irreversible damage to your body.

$24 per hour? I'm paid a lot more than that, and I'm worth every damn penny of it.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP, Cvans and 6 others have said thanks

#13 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 10:12 PM

$24 per hour? I'm paid a lot more than that, and I'm worth every damn penny of it.

Same here, execpt not exposed to chemicals. Just working a 1000 feet underground and on the hazardous surface of a coal mine. I work hard for the money I make and its a lot more than 24 an hour.

Tuesday I was laying underneath an overland belt 400 feet off the ground in drip pan with 20 other guys on a 1000' long belt man handling a 1-1/2 cable through the belt roller so we pull the belt that had ripped in two back together so we could get coal out from underground to the prep plant.

My comment was saying its good to see jobs a man can raise his family on.

Sit down with a piece of paper and do the math. 10 dollars an hour doesn't go far. My health care along cost me 375 a month.

Considering 800 dollars a week minus 25% taxes leaves you 600 a pay! 1200 a month. My house payment is 400. That leaves 800. We eat 150 a week in food. That leaves 200 for electric, heating, gas, car, clothes, and God forbid if someone gets sick!

Even if a family went without cable, internet, cell phones, didnt go out any and had the bare bones of everything you still wouldn't make it.

Unfortunately things don't cost what they did in 1950. Inflation is real and our dollar is worth less and less. What do we do to fix it?

In my opinion. No min wage doesn't need to be 15 an hour. Min wage jobs are for high school students and college kids. I see so many middle age people working at walmart. We need to bring back manufacturing, mining, and any trade based job we can instead of worrying about if cow farts are causing global warming.

Edited by toomanytoys84, December 10, 2015 - 10:18 PM.

• Bolens 1000, Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#14 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 06:43 AM

It's a bit far for me to commute but I'd love to work there..  I've been watching my job on the downward spiral for years and would welcome somewhere with growth potential..  $20/hr should be the new minimum wage for all the buying power it has nowadays.  By the time you get done paying all the blasted NY taxes you ain't getting squat..

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, December 11, 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#15 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 08:17 AM

Truth be know the job will end up being in the 30 to $35 a hour pay scale plus 10% shift when and if you are working shift. It was @$31 plus shift diff. in 2012 when I retired for a elec. tech. Also once you are on the job working they will pay a big part of fees and stuff for further education. Some of the guys got their masters cards in electrical, engineering. One of the girls that worked there had completed most of her nursing education.

• MH81, Alc, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks