9 replies to this topic

#1 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:54 PM

Im looking for a place that sells the sleeve hitch adapters. The part that you weld to your equipment for use with brinley type sleeve hitches.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,911 Thanks
  • 29,738 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 09:36 PM

Matt, best thing I can tell you is to find some 3.5inch c channel. Or 3.5 inch H beam. Either one will give you a good starting point.

#3 matts OFFLINE  

matts

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2175
  • 48 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 09:38 PM

No , the part that welds to the plow, and you drop the pin through it to hold the plow on the sleeve hitch. I have projects that I need them for. I had some on the way, but dont think I will ever see them

#4 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 71 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:47 AM

matts,
The language you use confuses me.

Where I come from, a "sleeve hitch adapter" consists of a triangular shaped apparatus that converts a CAT O three point hitch to allow Brinly attachments to be mounted onto it. The hitch adapter is not welded to the tractor. It mounts onto the 3 point in the same way any 3 point attachment does and can be removed at will. It has a heavy gauge steel C-channel with vertical holes in it that will accept the Brinly attachments and secure them with a 5/8" drop pin.

From the sounds of things, you are looking for the larger C-channel that fits OVER the sleeve hitch or sleeve hitch adapter so that an implement can be mounted. If so, I'm not aware of anyone selling that C-channel with holes in it, as a separate item. I can only assume that you have found some old, ground engaging attachments around that are not sleeve hitch style but you want to weld this channel onto them to permanently make them a sleeve hitch style attachment.

If I was going to do that, I would go to my local steel supply house and have them bend a four foot length of 3/16" thick steel plate that had been sheared to the width needed to create the desired channel. Then, I would drill the holes in that length of channel before using a chop saw to cut it into the desired pieces for welding onto the implements.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,299 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 12:17 PM

Matt, best thing I can tell you is to find some 3.5inch c channel. Or 3.5 inch H beam. Either one will give you a good starting point.

Alan is right, if you were up for making your own you can use channel, or you could even use square tubing and the piece you cut out could be welded to the back of the channel to adapt it to whatever implement you are putting it on.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,232 Thanks
  • 43,348 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 04:09 PM

If you make your own for a plow, there is a 10 degree angle for the plow to set flat in the furrow.
  • MH81, caseguy, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#7 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 04:49 PM

That is a good one to know...thanks Kenny.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,911 Thanks
  • 29,738 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:41 PM

If you make your own for a plow, there is a 10 degree angle for the plow to set flat in the furrow.

Never knew the angle. That's good info, there.

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:50 PM

Never knew the angle. That's good info, there.

:ditto::ditto: Thanks Kenny!

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,232 Thanks
  • 43,348 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:54 PM

I just learned that as someone was wanting info for one of these. Went out and put the angle finder on mine and got 10 degrees. Everything else is square.
If the pic would go larger, you would also see it is offset to the right side. Sorry I linked to that site now.
I think they are over priced myself.

Edited by KennyP, April 22, 2011 - 06:08 PM.