I've been hooked on GT's for about 3 years and currently have 2 wheelhorses, I was looking for a "unique" garden tractor. There are a good number of older Sears, John Deere's, Cubs, MTD's, Allis/Simplicity's around here, but I wanted one that I didn't see at every show. (although wheelhorses are are also not real plentiful). This had been on Clist 200+ miles away for some time and I finally decided to go get it.
This is the first Pennsylvania Panzer I've seen in Texas, although I'm sure there are at least a few others around.
Its a Model T75, Serial 83616 .......any idea what year this is?
The engine is a Briggs Model 190434, Type 0540-01, code 7303011....am I correct this would be a 8hp 1973 engine?
The tractor was repainted quite some time ago and I suspect the engine is not original. The tires hold air, but are quite cracked.
the rims look good, but i'm not sure what they look like inside, or under the old repaint.
It has an electric starter/generator that is not fully hooked up and the wiring needs cleaning up. it looks like someone previously had a battery on the left side of the engine instead of in a rear battery box.
Sometimes it starts on the 2nd pull, sometimes not at all. Carb is dripping gas & looks filthy.
for now I will give it a good cleaning, and get it starting consistently so I can ride it around....it definitely a fun little tractor!
I currently have a Wheelhorse 400 disassembled & partially blasted for restoration, I need to finish it before I dive very far into this one, but I'm currently stuck looking for some transmission gears for it. So, I'll probable spend a little time on it now to get it starting better and change the rear end oil to get any water out ASAP just to get it where I can drive it around for fun. Down the road, I will gradually go through it and repair the items I've found from driving it around. hen decide if I will restore it, or keep it like it is....But it's definitely a keeper!
So here's my "Panzer Newbie" questions
1.Any help identifying the year. I've looked through the registry on the Panzer site and don't find my serial number?
2. Am I correct that the Briggs is a 8hp, 1973 model
3. At the left front side of the engine there is a flat plate (about 4x6") welded to the frame. I've seen pictures of a gearbox on this, what is this for?
4. Do you seen anything missing from the basic tractor? guards? other sheet metal or brackets?
5. Can you point me to a repair manual for this briggs. I've found the briggs parts list on line , but not the repair manual
6. Any suggestion on things a panzer newbie should be aware of are appreciated. I've found the panzer site and have downloaded a manual and electrical diagram. I also see the Dandy Sales people will become my friends.
Edited by Oliver 2-44, December 08, 2015 - 06:07 PM.