• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 08:30 PM

We got LED's in our entire shop, parts room, wash bay, bathrooms, all the offices, best part they were free! Government program that expired last year, contractors came in and installed everything and a straight dollar for dollar tax credit paid the bill. The bulbs were installed in the old fixtures after removing the ballast. They are voltage sensing and will be just as bright on 24 volts as 240. Way brighter than HD fluorescents or whatever those skinny newer ones were called.

You know, I might be able to get a tax credit on these.  I'll ask my CPA about that!

• chieffan said thank you

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 08:33 PM

That shop looks so nice that I think you should seriously consider a little side business. Seems a shame not to be in there every day doing something. 

• olcowhand, HDWildBill and chieffan have said thanks

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 08:37 PM

That shop looks so nice that I think you should seriously consider a little side business. Seems a shame not to be in there every day doing something. 

That is more or less my future plan, but for now I'll do the Co-op work in spring and ease my way into a shop business.  The last 2 years between my Dad's and my own health have been a wild roller coaster, so driving for Southern States is good wages I can count on till I feel ready.  In the meantime, I will do repair jobs as they come to me.

• KennyP, Cvans, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 08:43 PM

Look at all that wall space,I haven't seen my walls in years.That overhead door looks like it might rub the flies off the ceiling when you open it 

I want to do my best to keep my walls as open as possible as it makes the room so much brighter.  The door had to be as near the ceiling as possible to have clearance to get my cab tractors inside.  Had to use a 2 track system to get it that close to the ceiling.

• KennyP, toppop52 and chieffan have said thanks

#20 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,518 Thanks
  • 3,394 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 09:45 AM

We used a 2 track setup on our garage to allow for more clearance, somehow I'd never noticed them until we did ours.

• olcowhand and chieffan have said thanks