• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hope you get to feeling better AJ, I was looking forward to meeting you also.

• Craig. and ajcan have said thanks

#227 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 10:16 AM

Plan A was the "O" (once into the transaxle I realized with needing odd parts, cold weather and my SLOW reassembly fussiness on gear setups this wasn't going to make it. Well its not, still waiting a couple parts.

Plan "B" was the 1650. Yep still waiting parts also.

Plan "C" fix the hydraulic cylinder on the 782. Well to get the pins in I need it to run. Carb is gummy, fuel is bad (had Stabol in it ?), fuel-lines are dissolving, rear tires cracked bad over winter, and the battery even though on a trickle charger over winter won't do anymore than "click"

So I had put tires on the the 1650 rims, but usually I run them awhile before adding any fluid inside to make sure things are kosher. So I'm looking at putting some "yellow" (NOT CUB yellow weights in them, you purists will have to look the other way) Still struggling with start and now today it is very nasty out.

Plan "D" If I can't get the 782 tested in time, I figure on packing tires, weights, tools, plow etc. and stealing a 147 from my second son who is about 2.5 hours into the trip. After I mow his grass, cause he'll be at work and remove the deck etc. I can be on my way. Oh ya, I have to fix an exhaust leak and top hose on the Jimmy to pull the trailer :wallbanging:

Plan "E" jump in the econo-box, drive down NO tractor and just enjoy the day with everybody anyway ! It will have room for the parts I've made arrangements to pick up at plow day. Hey, I need to bump that tire ad, those could be a real squeeze in the econo-box...

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#228 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 10:26 AM

I fully understand that run tires before loading them to make sure all is good. I do that too, but we will see what I really do this year.
I also mix and match wheel weights brands on my tractors. My FMC wheel weights came to me on a scrapped Massey Ferguson, I last had them on a Craftsman running Cub Cadet wheels, and moved them over to the Cub Cadet 102 this past fall. If I need them on the New Holland S14, the weights will move again, but hoping to use the Wheel Horse weights on it lol. My Cub Cadet 108 is currently running Simplicity wheel weights, and my Toro 10 is running Gravely wheel weights, and actually, it had Farmall weights on it before those, as the FMC wheel weights were too heavy to be efficient on it lol.

I also still do not know if I will have the New Holland S14 there, or the Farmall Cub lol. Hang in there, you are not the only one in crunch time.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#229 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 11:51 AM

Just posting again 

The location for plow day is:   356 Ball Hollow Rd, Hodgenville, Ky 42748  My cell # is 2 seven 0-6 nine 6-four 111.

On the final leg of your trip on highway 210, the 13 mile marker is a matter of feet on the north side of Ball Hollow Rd, which is marked as road #2762.  There will be a small sign near hwy 210 denoting plow day.

Google maps is best for drive directions.  Mapquest sends you way down the road.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#230 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 12:09 PM

Just posting again 

The location for plow day is:   356 Ball Hollow Rd, Hodgenville, Ky 42748  My cell # is 2 seven 0-6 nine 6-four 111.

On the final leg of your trip on highway 210, the 13 mile marker is a matter of feet on the north side of Ball Hollow Rd, which is marked as road #2762.  There will be a small sign near hwy 210 denoting plow day.

Google maps is best for drive directions.  Mapquest sends you way down the road.

Here is a link to the Google map to get you from Elizabethtown, KY to the field at Daniel's Dad's place.

https://www.google.c...528!2d37.504491

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#231 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 12:52 PM

I am trying to get ready to go. every I fix something, something else falls apart. Don't tell the wife, but I bought another puller.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#232 aagitch OFFLINE  

aagitch
  • Member No: 81045
  • 105 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 02:55 PM

Called the hotel today and the girl didn't know what I was talking about but luckily someone in the background knew so reservation was made for Friday night.  I'm another one that will be sporting off-brand wheel weights for my super.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#233 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 03:57 PM

I worked just a little while on my 2 bottom plow in hopes of readying it for plow day.  Doing this let me know I can't return to work till at least Wednesday, as it drained me fast.  I get light headed every time I stand up too. Plus a low grade fever has returned.

Anyway, the plow needed major alignment changes, and I got most of it done, but had to quit till tomorrow.  I'll try it Friday and if it doesn't work proper, then I'll drop it and hook up the single 12" plow.

• Texas Deere and Horse, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#234 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:27 PM

I've talked myself and my family into coming.  Myself and my wife, my two teenage boys, and two younger ones as well.

Rented a 6 x 12 open Uhaul trailer, made my room reservations.

Bringing my Massey 12 Gear and my Massey 12 Hydro, with Plows.

Daniel, I would hope I can bring our two Mini Bikes as well:

msoe36.jpg

Edited by HowardsMF155, March 28, 2016 - 04:28 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#235 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:29 PM

I am trying to get ready to go. every I fix something, something else falls apart. Don't tell the wife, but I bought another puller.

Easy bribe payment plans are available.
  • olcowhand, TheFarm2004, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#236 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:53 PM

I've talked myself and my family into coming.  Myself and my wife, my two teenage boys, and two younger ones as well.

Rented a 6 x 12 open Uhaul trailer, made my room reservations.

Bringing my Massey 12 Gear and my Massey 12 Hydro, with Plows.

Daniel, I would hope I can bring our two Mini Bikes as well:

Minibikes will be fine Howard.  Just be sure they know to watch for holes I may have missed, plus there are some small wash lines here and there.  It's great you're coming!  Seems I should know you already with all your family history I've read.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#237 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 05:14 PM

Looking like Friday morning will start with a strong back or 2 going with me to go fetch the porta-potti.  My plan was to get it over the weekend, but the flu stopped that.  It may need to be cleaned inside a bit, as it's only used a couple or 3 times a year.  Claude used to run a business that did sewer installations along with many porta-pots, but sold off the porta-pots, just keeping a few so he could help folks out when they needed one.  It's not the newest, but he lets me use it free, and I much appreciate that.  I hope not to need too much help so you guys that come Friday can get on to having fun.  But I know I'll need some help for sure.  It's been a tough set of circumstances around here for a long time.

Brian (TD&H), we'll need to get all your stuff I have here together so we can get your trailer & truck loaded.  You have quite a bit here, so don't let me forget anything.  The list as I remember:  Massey 1650/engine/deck, Perkins 2cyl, tub full of Massey parts, Bush Hog tank, 12" HD rims, Bush Hog blade.....I may have missed something, so I'll keep thinking on it.  Oops...old Allis deck and some misc. parts.

I went back to the old shop where I worked on my plow, as I forgot and left my cell phone down there.  So I stopped just to put a couple bolts in and just doing that was like pulling the plug on my energy completely.  So I'm done for the day and only piddled around 2 hours or so.  I've become a whimp!   :smilewink:   Oh well, I'm lucky just to be alive these days, so I'll just keep counting the blessings.

The nursing home still has no beds, and Mom is doing pretty good still, so she may come out for a few minutes on Saturday.

• limebuzz, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#238 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 05:21 PM

What time are you wanting to go?
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#239 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:02 PM

What time are you wanting to go?

It will likely be at least 8am EST before I'll be ready.  Partly depends on how I'm feeling, but surely I'll be much better by then.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#240 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:06 PM

I imagine Brian, Steve & I will be out there about then! Steve is real good at lifting things!

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks