• olcowhand, jpackard56 and Bmerf have said thanks

#63 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 06:09 PM

I know I haven't been here long but I do love this place and just the way it is!!!

• olcowhand, Delmar, jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#64 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 10:53 PM

Iam Sherwood (Will) is a person that I really have missed posts from too. Can it be because I only have 2 GT's, and both are MF? Both mine are workhorses and I came here in summer 2011 when I bought my 2nd one. I never had any idea that people collected and restored them. I really enjoy reading about everyones tractors but there are so many I have no knowledge of (including my own as things keep coming up) that it's pretty hard to make a lot of comments. I mainly listen to the experts and try not to stick my foot in my mouth too much.

I belong to a couple of GMC sites that can get pretty crabby if you post too much off topic. If you are looking for info more times than not the know-it-alls just say use the search feature. I know my key word skills suck! Sometimes there's no posts on a day because of that attitude towards the common guy. One of those sites has a forum called "other projects" and explained that it was a place to talk about anything a person is working on. A guy had a thread about his trials building a home-made wood splitter. He caught a lot of heck about it not being relevant to the main forum. I defended him that no one forced those folks to read a "woodsplitter" thread and the admin ended up throwing the complainers off the site completely!

Anyway I think this site has the best mix of knowledge, information and general talk of any site I've ever been on and like it the way it is.

DAC 

Edited by MFDAC, December 07, 2015 - 10:55 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#65 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 11:14 PM

I consider all you folks my friends. I like to talk to and listen to my friends talk about a lot of subjects,and not always about gt's....
  • olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#66 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 10:06 AM

I'll through my $.02. Just because a member might not be posting, does mean they are "not around" or "lost." I pretty much check in everyday and have since 2012. Sometimes it may be weeks between actually posting a comment. Life does get busy sometimes! I find it relaxing to read what others are up too, what they are working on, and how they solved the problem.

I for one like the "off topic". I have read almost every thread when they are started. If I like the content; I "follow this topic". Most of these threads I make no post, but follow along just to expand my knowledge base. Many times, the topics are things that I may face someday (or have faced) and a little knowledge goes a long way. Other topics allow us a glimpse into another's life. I don't like Facebook, but restoring a car, shooting a buck, growing a garden, fixing what ever; these are the things that keep us busy and are interesting to me.

To many other forums are one topic only; If this is what you chose, then so be it. I spend almost no time at these places (low post count); only go to them if looking for a specific answer and usually chastised as being a newbie even though I have been "wrenching" since I was old enough to hold one. (over forty years)

Contrary to what my wife thinks; no one works on just tractors 24/7. There are other things in life that keep us busy. Varity is the spice of life. Don't mess with a good thing.

• olcowhand, Alc, Delmar and 3 others have said thanks

#67 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,538 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 05:50 PM

I was on a forum, won't name names, I asked about problems with a push mower I had just bought(still fairly new to hobby at that time, I am a lot more skilled now) and received a response in a post that said "The problem is you bought a used push mower at an auction", tis was common on this forum as most on the small engine forum seemed to be mostly professional mechanics that couldn't care less about "hobbyists".

• olcowhand, MH81, Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#68 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 06:53 PM

... Yeah I have run into alot of cocky prix on other sites. This is the only one I even check anymore. I stay off of the ATV/MC, PWC, LT modding, 4X4, metal detecting sites now. Even the yahoo brand specific GT groups are a holes.

I would like to be able to afford the price of beef, I would try the competition BBQ forum sites. They seem like nice guys

• olcowhand, KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks