67 replies to this topic

#16 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,307 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 05:28 PM

Expanding on what cow said, if the guys I work with only talked about work, I think I would find another place to work.

• olcowhand, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 4 others have said thanks

#17 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 05:42 PM

if I offended someone about the off topic I do apologize I was just stating 2 things I noticed over the last year. I see certain members that contributed alot of tractor info are no longer here and I see more off topic compared to tractor related subjects which is fine we can all open and comment what we want. I am just trying to say is we got a really great group of people here with a ton knowledge to share I just don't want see members jumping elsewhere and losing what everyone has worked so hard to have here. I think we all can say we met people talked to other members traded parts and fixed tractors all thanks to this site and members. with that said enough!
  • olcowhand, Alc, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#18 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,310 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:30 PM

No sweat Jabelman!  It just struck a nerve to see history repeating itself in front of my eyes is all..   

You could create shortcuts or bookmarks to your favorite forums and you will automatically see the newest posts in the things that interest you.  One improvement could happen is to go into the Barn and have a read new posts there for instance..  I don't know how hard it would be but is only an idea..  Pop a post like this into the 'Site Suggestions' forum..  Making the place better for all of us is a good thing..  

(at least for most of us)   :smilewink:

84847211.jpg

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,208 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:34 PM

No sweat Jabelman!  It just struck a nerve to see history repeating itself in front of my eyes is all..   

You could create shortcuts or bookmarks to your favorite forums and you will automatically see the newest posts in the things that interest you.  One improvement could happen is to go into the Barn and have a read new posts there for instance..  I don't know how hard it would be but is only an idea..  Pop a post like this into the 'Site Suggestions' forum..  Making the place better for all of us is a good thing..  

(at least for most of us)   :smilewink:

attachicon.gif84847211.jpg

Always look out for the cat...

• backwoods and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#20 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,307 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:35 PM

.. looks like he is patiently waiting his turn

#21 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Still the best tractor related forum on the net.  I have gleaned a ot of knowledge from you guys since you have welcomed me. Thanks and keep it going. 

Roger

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#22 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:57 PM

Getting back to the main topic of this post, has anyone ever thought about reaching out to these members with a PM? Not meaning to brag or give myself a pat on the back, but I have over 700 friends on my profile page. I often go through that list to see who may not have logged on for awhile, and will drop them a PM just to say Hi and to tell them we are still here and miss seeing them here. Some members will reply back, but others won't. I could give you a list of 20 members who haven't been here for awhile, and after dropping them a PM, I've found that they just don't have the time anymore, or they have lost their job and can't afford internet, or were forced to sell all of their collection and just decided to stay away.

We have a GREAT site here, and personally I wouldn't change a thing. In most cases, it's the non-tractor topics that bring this group closer. When you all sat down with your family during Thanksgiving dinner, did you spend all day talking about the same thing? No, of course not. The only way to really get to know someone else, is to find out what makes them happy, things that they like to do, what upsets them the most, and to see just how life is going for them in general.

Just because I like this hobby of garden tractor collection,  doesn't mean that it's the most important thing in my life. I also have a major collection of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, Tonka toys, and Hess Trucks, but I'm not upset that you all don't ask me about them everyday. Talking about everything (not just tractors) is what gives this site a family orientation and brings us all together. Yes our common interest is tractors, however we have a way of comforting others when ever there is a time of need, whether it be prayer, help, or just listening. That is something that no other site will ever be able to match!!!!

I understand that we may not have had a lot of tractor posting lately, but as Shorty said, this is considered the "off" season right now. Things will pick up again in the Spring, and we'll be right back on track. Until then, sit back and enjoy getting to know some of the other members here. 

Edited by johndeereelfman, December 06, 2015 - 06:58 PM.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, DH1 and 9 others have said thanks

#23 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Had a health issue crop up, (all gooder now) so haven't spent much time dealing with the gt's.  I still lurk here nearly everyday just don't have the energy to post much just yet.

Will likely get back on track next spring....

• olcowhand, johndeereelfman, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#24 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:05 PM

Yeah! Just leave....I don't like people anyway....seeya!   Ooops!  Sorry, just lost it there for a moment,  Never Mind! :wallbanging: :(

• Alc, KennyP, shorty and 1 other said thanks

#25 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:19 PM

After being part of a few forums I still like this one the most and part of it is the non gt talk for example on a caterpillar forum if you bring up a non cat topic it would be dead but most of the time those forums are dead any way I asked a question and took two weeks for a reply
  • olcowhand and HANKG have said thanks

#26 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:40 PM

This is my favorite discussion site on the internet please don't change anything.  Except keep the level of respect high and those who can bring back some of the "old timers," please do.  thank you

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#27 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,626 Thanks
  • 7,669 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:07 PM

if I offended someone about the off topic I do apologize I was just stating 2 things I noticed over the last year.

You haven't offended anyone. This is just one more thing we can share. Of the two people you mentioned, one I honestly don't know what happened to him. The other, Ken has been back long enough to try to sell some stuff. I happen to know the reason that Ken hasn't been around and it involves personal issues in his life. Nothing about the forum caused his leaving. As for Maynard, I have a thought I want to share. We all (or most) know that life is a crap shoot and we don't know when we might drop over any moment. Will we know if that is what happened to youse guys? Or will we be sayin' "Why don't he write any more?" How about telling your wives or someone to let us know?

• KennyP and HANKG have said thanks

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:14 PM

Maynard Jodrey is alive & well.  He spends most of his internet time on Facebook as his life took directions away from garden tractors.

• Bolens 1000, daytime dave, Alc and 5 others have said thanks

#29 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:15 PM

I dont mind if there is one or two off topic related posts But when there is more than the tractor related ones then it gets overwhelming and some what annoying.Like people have said.. If there could be a seperate section for water heaters of car accidents or what ever i think that would be benificial

#30 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,307 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:24 PM

Instead of clicking on "view new content" you can click on "forums" and cruise the comments of your favorite brand of tractor or any topic that interests you. I am not on facebook because I dont get into all of the random stuff that gets posted and really dont care to see pics of what everyone I know has for dinner, on here I sometimes chose to view those topics and have even tried some of the recipes. It can be annoying to weed through the off topic new posts to get to the GT stuff, but there are filters in place for that.

• KennyP, shorty, Bmerf and 1 other said thanks