#16 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:58 AM

To bad about the truck, I lost a car to a spike horn a few years back. I see stuff like this then get a kick out of the anti hunters complaining. Can you imagine how bad it would be without a hunting season!!!! And thru all this I can't get a doe tag!!!
  • jpackard56 said thank you

#17 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 878 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thanks Pete,still waiting on the officer to show up to make a report.Thankfully they are here to serve and protect us lol.I'd hate to see just how many deer would be around if there wasnt a hunting season.
  • olcowhand and EricR have said thanks

#18 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Pete,still waiting on the officer to show up to make a report.Thankfully they are here to serve and protect us lol.I'd hate to see just how many deer would be around if there wasnt a hunting season..

Deer population high enough that we are allowed to bow hunt in city limits..some restrictions of course...they just breed like rats

#19 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 12:37 PM

I hit deer in my old truck, right below hill by house. Jumped off the hill, right onto road in front of me. I smacked him hard just as he jumped off road. Went flying into feild about 30ft. I drove home leaking PS oil and called police. He came up and by time we had the information filled out, he said someone was claiming the deer.  Huh, must have seen it happen? Guts laying in ditch that night when I went to work, ewww!

On those guards, just seem like ornaments, no real strength in those or the mounts. Think you would need some sort of homebuilt or heavy commercial push bumper or such to hold up to the impacts.

• limebuzz said thank you

#20 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,869 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 02:30 PM

The only deer we ever hit, actually it hit us, was 25 years back with the old Chevy 1/2 T. We had been pulling a big trailer and My Olde Deere had mounted some big "California" side mirrors on the truck. The buck came up out of the ditch on the passenger side and got his antlers tangled in the mirror mounting. My Olde Deere was shouting at me to roll the window down and get a headlock on the deer while he got the axe out of the back to dispatch it! I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! No earthly way was I going to do that, and to this day I don't know if he was kidding or really meant it, but the buck got untangled and went on his merry way. The side of the truck was pretty scratched up from his hooves flailing around, and we never did get a deer that year.
Up here we can't take a road kill home legally, not even to feed the dogs. Terrible waste of meat to my mind.
  • olcowhand, limebuzz and jpackard56 have said thanks

#21 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,534 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 11:56 PM

The only deer we ever hit, actually it hit us, was 25 years back with the old Chevy 1/2 T. We had been pulling a big trailer and My Olde Deere had mounted some big "California" side mirrors on the truck. The buck came up out of the ditch on the passenger side and got his antlers tangled in the mirror mounting. My Olde Deere was shouting at me to roll the window down and get a headlock on the deer while he got the axe out of the back to dispatch it! I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! No earthly way was I going to do that, and to this day I don't know if he was kidding or really meant it, but the buck got untangled and went on his merry way. The side of the truck was pretty scratched up from his hooves flailing around, and we never did get a deer that year.
Up here we can't take a road kill home legally, not even to feed the dogs. Terrible waste of meat to my mind.

That's a new one, never heard of the deer getting caught in the vehicle before.

• oldedeeres said thank you