• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 10:23 AM

I don't know if this will help, but I found a repair manual for the model 6 & 7 Eatons.

• Alc and dodge trucker have said thanks

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hope this will help. I have the service manual for the Bolens GTX20. I believe these have the Eaton 11 hydro in them. 

• dodge trucker said thank you

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Ok, I looked thru that manual  a bit, same one I just got in the mail about 2 days ago/ but thanks for posting a copy here for anyone else to see that may be needing one down the road.

Very short troubleshooting section, all 3 possible symptoms result in "Replace Transmission".  great. I wonder if that means they didn't offer separate parts for them?

• KennyP said thank you

#19 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 01:28 PM

My suggestion would be to contact Eaton. They might be able to direct you to a parts source. 

http://www.eaton.com....com/hydraulics

• Alc and dodge trucker have said thanks

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 11:30 PM

sent them an Email.  see what happens.

#21 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Been following this post , I'm no help for you but enjoy your spirit ! You can't break it any further and you might be able to fix it . Good luck !
  • Cvans and dodge trucker have said thanks

#22 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 12:29 PM

well, the Email to Eaton eons ago was never returned, grass is growing and this is the next machine to be brought back from storage and revived, I am gonna bump this to the top in hopes that somebody new might be lurking that may at least have some suggestions, or maybe even parts laying on the shelf collecting dust-- either parts that would get me going on a rebuild of this one or maybe even a complete used working hydro, that I can plop on there and get this unit working...

#23 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 01:20 PM

My Brother and his partner run a hydraulic repair shop up here in Green Bay, Wi.  I had helped them a bit from time to time and we did have an Eaton 11 in the shop with a "no operation" complaint.  We torn it down to find that the Rotor bushing had worn to the point most of the oil was bypassing through the worn bushing.  A replacement rotor "item 16" was in the $700.00 range.  

Attached File  pll_1618.pdf   75.71KB   15 downloads

This was not an option for the owner so we look a bit and found a wrist pin bushing from a Minny Moline tractor fit the O.D. of the rotor and had enough wall and length that we could cut to length and bore the I.D. to the proper size.  

The trick was to bore the bushing for the holes in the rotor where the balls fit. In a lathe I built a tool with  a 3/4" shank and the size of the holes in the rotor. This I could put in the mill and position the rotor vertically and horizontally to where I needed to bore the hole though the bushing for the 3 hole.

Worked like a champ when installed back into the mower.  If you need any information or would like us to look at it for you PM me. 

• limebuzz said thank you

#24 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:10 PM

well at the moment too many projects and no reasonably priced replacement hydros are showing up, so I have answered 2 "wanted" ads for guys wanting  ZTR needing work, each a couple hours away from me in different directions... one south and the other west... lets see what happens.... if I can find a good used hydro 1st or one of these guys "bites" on my reply,  might be time to "pirate" that engine for another machine that I recently acquired....