Posted December 04, 2015 - 09:55 AM

Welcome Shane!

#17 SpeedySqueegee OFFLINE  

SpeedySqueegee
  • Member No: 78103
  • 34 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks again for all the help that i am receiving here. I do Not have the OEM filter. It is a "close mach" from NAPA. The sound that i am getting is like a scratching or vibrating washer sound coming from the brake side.But i don't think that it is engaged or dragging. With the engine running and in forward motion i can put my finger on the spinning disk and stop it with ease. I checked the pulley and it seems to be good. I can see that the shaft is spinning with the pulley (even with the retaining nut off) So i will look for the OEM filter and get it ordered. I did pick up the craigslist transaxle for $40. I hope that i dont have to try to use it, but i figured i was getting a decent deal on wheels and tires anyway. (you know for a futuer project)image2 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg

Oh and hey Kenny P glad to know you are close. Are you in Ochalata or Ramona?

• KennyP said thank you

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 04:32 PM

Thanks again for all the help that i am receiving here. I do Not have the OEM filter. It is a "close mach" from NAPA. The sound that i am getting is like a scratching or vibrating washer sound coming from the brake side.But i don't think that it is engaged or dragging. With the engine running and in forward motion i can put my finger on the spinning disk and stop it with ease. I checked the pulley and it seems to be good. I can see that the shaft is spinning with the pulley (even with the retaining nut off) So i will look for the OEM filter and get it ordered. I did pick up the craigslist transaxle for $40. I hope that i dont have to try to use it, but i figured i was getting a decent deal on wheels and tires anyway. (you know for a futuer project)attachicon.gifimage2 (1).jpegattachicon.gifimage1 (1).jpeg

Oh and hey Kenny P glad to know you are close. Are you in Ochalata or Ramona?

Collinsville!

#19 SpeedySqueegee OFFLINE  

SpeedySqueegee
  • 34 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 11:45 PM

I can not seem to find what the OEM filter is or where to order it from. MH81 do you have any suggestions. I found it once on a thread somewhere. There was a link to get it on amazon, but now no luck. Thank You.

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 06:04 AM

Look in the manual I posted. It has a parts list. It's an AYP/Sears 142912 filter.

#21 SpeedySqueegee OFFLINE  

SpeedySqueegee
  • 34 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 10:11 AM

Thanks KennyP, i see it now I saw that the Manuel said no need for maintenance so I didn't look any farther there. I've got it orders now.
  • KennyP said thank you

#22 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 09, 2015 - 03:43 PM

Thank you men for the warm welcome and interest to help. I live in Bartlesville. About fourtie miles north of Tulsa. I will be able to get back to my shop tomarow and check these suggestions. I figured that the Older GTV Would out work the newer one but I sure do like the large frame of the 6000. I found a transaxle on Craigslist today. It is a mannual shift with a high low that I can get with wheels and tires for $40 the man said it came off a GT6000 that was gray and had a square hood Now the transaxle that is on my tractor has no shifter but the Frame does have a hole in the right side where a hi/low lever would come out. So mabe I will have luck with this approach. Thanks again guys for the info and I look forward to sharing in this new hobby.

Hey there Speedy, I am not too far from you.  In Ponca City.