4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,156 Thanks
  • 4,502 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 09:41 AM

Been trying to find some information on replacing a Wisconsin S14D with a HH160 Tech.  Will the Wisconsin mounts work with the Tech engine or would I have to fabricate new ones?   Working on a 1476.  I know there is a strong possibility that the hood will not clear the valve cover on the Tech but I have hood that has the raised cap on I can move over to the 1476 hood.  The HH160 is in a G16XT that is a yard donkey and don't need 16 hp for that.  Tran is not the best anyway.  Anybody have any thought or ideas would be appreciated.

#2 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 767 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Will probably have to fab new mounts you'll have to measure the bolt holes center to center to be sure. I'm sure they are a different size
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,299 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 11:54 AM

You will also have drive alignment issues, I think. That will make the old holes less useful
BTW, if you're going to work that engine, run it a little rich to help it be cooler.
The valve seats don't like getting overly hot.
I run a dash of 2 cycle in mine periodically. Dunno if it helps, but it makes me feel better.
  • Gtractor and chieffan have said thanks

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 12:02 PM

You will also have drive alignment issues, I think. That will make the old holes less useful
BTW, if you're going to work that engine, run it a little rich to help it be cooler.
The valve seats don't like getting overly hot.
I run a dash of 2 cycle in mine periodically. Dunno if it helps, but it makes me feel better.

mine burns it's own oil so I don't have to worry about adding 2 cycle oil :rolling:

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,156 Thanks
  • 4,502 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 01:39 PM

mine burns it's own oil so I don't have to worry about adding 2 cycle oil :rolling:

I have a Kawi 4 wheeler that way.  Kind of handy though.  When it quits smoking it is getting low on oil.  Dump 1/2 qt and good to go again.  Never get lost with as I can follow my smoke trail back home.

I think that putting a Tech in the 1476 is going to be more work than it is worth.  May have to stay with a Wisconsin point type ignition.  Thanks for the info guys.

• TAHOE said thank you