Garden Tractor Forums banner

Sweepster body

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  blackjackjakexxix 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A buddy of mine picked up this sweepster body,after looking at some pics,it appears to be for a Cub Cadet,it needs a little work but after all its over 40 years old,it came from an old dealership and is supposed to be NEW OLD STOCK,you can find more info and pics at pattonacres.com,I'm going to try to post some pics here,it is for sale

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have never been this tempted, in my life. I'm traveling to Akron Sunday morning, too....

Isn't this the same one Old Buzzard picked up a while back, thinking it was for a tube frame? It doesn't look like a Deere version, and is not Simplicity/AC. I've never seen a Cub version.
Its not for a bolens I can tell you that!

Reactions: Bolens 1000
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got this off of Dave along with several other pieces he decided to let go, being that he bought it off a old Bolens dealer, we had two schools of thought here: one, it doesn't fit on a Bolens Tube Frame (obviously) and two maybe the dealer had a template you cut the "one size fits all body" out. Begs to reason perhaps they wouldn't have mold specific for all the variations that were out there, don't know... Rick Show and Rich Patton researched and came up with this unique variation,(attached pic) this body in our opinions looked the closest. Can say, couldn't find out, BUT if they were brand specific , model specific ( the pic of the Cub one shown above has a deeper , higher up the body cut out for example). Then has a collector I didn't want to cut it to make it fit , which was an option I considered.

Josh if you turned your buddy onto it and he buys it. Thanks

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had a long talk with a John Deere friend of mine about these around 6 months ago when I picked up my sweeper. He stated that each body was molded specific for each brand of tractor. He owns the only known bolens tube frame sweeper body himself and there much different then a John Deere one.

Reactions: Bolens 1000
#10 ·
I had a long talk with a John Deere friend of mine about these around 6 months ago when I picked up my sweeper. He stated that each body was molded specific for each brand of tractor. He owns the only known bolens tube frame sweeper body himself and there much different then a John Deere one.
Where was he able to locate the Bolens one at ?,when I was looking at all the brands the Deere one looked alot like the Bolens one,but was a little hard to see clearly

#11 ·
Where was he able to locate the Bolens one at ?,when I was looking at all the brands the Deere one looked alot like the Bolens one,but was a little hard to see clearly
The red 850 with sweepster body that was on Ebay years ago he owns that one. It was passed along to like 2 people before he got his hands on it. He had it at Portland two years back.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.